No announcement yet.

4GREEN GRAB BAG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. I used to work for a number of different automotive suppliers. That was the universal policy. You couldn't afford any offline rejection. If you halt the assembly line, then you fly in replacement parts + pay for all the lost time at $10,000 per hour + if you do it often enough, you won't be able to quote again on supplying any new OEM parts. Anything that was suspect yet not deemed necessary for rework, went into a service parts box. All those magic marker dots that you see on the raw parts have been inspected by quality control. Different color dot = different inspector. Your bezel would be considered an "A" surface part. Highly visible and at eye level. I am betting the reason it was painted, was to hide a visible defect in the first place. I have a nice, perfect, unpainted one I could sell you. All they do at the service part depots, is repack and relabel in single bags/boxes. They don't pay that much attention to quality.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 03-27-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Brave -

Interesting to know.

The almighty buck has too much sway in our world today......

Pls check your PMs.
      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
        I need those cradle goodies! Anyone have some hoarded already I can buy from without the wait, or can later model kias stuff be used?
        most of what you need can still be got through mazda since these were used on the protege/323 as well as the 121. RR bushing, B092 39 812B. FR bushing, B092 39 811. FR bolt, B092 39 813. the washers are just big thick fender washers you could get at the hardware. the RR bolt is 9978 01 255 but seems to be unavailable. i don't think it is anything special. another hardware store item. and lastly, there is a spacer that goes in the rear bushing to keep it from being compressed too much. you should be able to reuse the old ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
          Hmmmmm.....OK, I bought the grab handle above, part # K8173 69 470B89, just like 'F3BZ' posted, but my grab handle is different. Instead of having one long snap-in 'cap'/trim piece that goes from end to end and covers the screws, the part I got has a molded-in center piece but NO 'cap' to cover the 2 screws.

Does anyone know the part number of the missing 'cap'/trim piece?
          that's 4G B.S. these clowns are starting to get sneaky. the ones i got are pictured on their website when you punch in that part#. i'd send them a pic of what you got and ask for the right part or a refund.

Comment

• twist, maybe I ordered the cap for the wrong handle?
            I was hoping for a cover for the long armrests, where the power window controls snap in. Instead, 1990new's pics show a small square cap. I will examine them on Monday when I pick them up. If they aren't what I need, I will ship them to you.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 03-28-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Hmmmmm.....OK, I bought the grab handle above, part # K8173 69 470B89, just like 'F3BZ' posted, but my grab handle is different. Instead of having one long snap-in 'cap'/trim piece that goes from end to end and covers the screws, the part I got has a molded-in center piece but NO 'cap' to cover the 2 screws.

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              that's 4G B.S. these clowns are starting to get sneaky. the ones i got are pictured on their website when you punch in that part#. i'd send them a pic of what you got and ask for the right part or a refund.
              I contacted FourGreen about this... here is my email and their response:

Dear Jesse ,

We will send you a replacement as soon as possible am very sorry for this fault .

Thanks

Zein
              [IMG]mailbox:///C:/Users/tr1x/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/w7lpwvl2.default/Mail/inbound.att.net/Inbox?number=21219364&part=1.2&filename=im age001.jpg[/IMG]
              USA Mobile: +1(313)6389978
              Office in Korea : +82-2-2212-9484
              Mobile : +82-10-6431-4920
              zein@fourgreen.com

Starting in 1980, Fourgreen Auto began by supplying customers with top-quality Korean car parts for cars such as Hyundai, Kia, Daewoo, and SsangYong. With a focus on OEM and high-quality aftermarket parts, Fourgreen became a leader in finding and sourcing quality auto parts for Korean vehicles with offices and sourcing locations in Seoul, Korea, and Detroit, Michigan. Since then, the company has grown and begun expanding its product line. Recently Fourgreen has expanded beyond Korean vehicles and auto parts, into a wide range of auto parts and accessories like window vent visors, spoilers, floor mats, and siding/trim parts for vehicles like Honda, Toyota, Tesla, Volkswagen, and more.

FourGreen on AMAZON

Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2014 1:23 AM
              To: Abbas Elzein
              Subject: Correct part number ordered but part is not the same as pictured or previously ordered.

Dear Zein,
              I have a complaint from a member who asked me to order part number K817369470B89 on order number FG-94337.
              The part received is not like the part pictured on your web site. Another member had
              ordered this part in a prior order and received the handle assist that is pictured on
              your web page so we expected this one to be the same.

The handle the member received (with the same part number K817369470B89) is not
              the one pictured . It requires two separate caps to cover the screws rather than the
              one long cap that is the length of the entire handle. In addition, there were no
              caps to cover the screw holes included in the package.
              What can be done to fix this problem?
              Thanks,
              Jesse

Comment

• Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                Yeah, I double-checked the part number in your picture and when I typed it in the search box on FourGreen's site, the pix it brings up is exactly what you have pictured. Bummer.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                twist, maybe I ordered the cap for the wrong handle?
                I was hoping for a cover for the long armrests, where the power window controls snap in. Instead, 1990new's pics show a small square cap. I will examine them on Monday when I pick them up. If they aren't what I need, I will ship them to you.
                Brave -

Nope, you ordered the correct part number for me. The part number on the package of the 'bad' grab handle is the exact same part number as on the 'good' grab handle in 'F3BZ's' picture. As far as shipping me the caps you have, don't bother. I ordered the same ones you did since they were so cheap. They are about 1" x 1" square and the ones I need are probably 1/2" x 1 1/2"....long and narrow to fit the inner mold of the handle. Thanks for offering, though.

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                I contacted FourGreen about this... here is my email and their response:

Dear Jesse ,

We will send you a replacement as soon as possible am very sorry for this fault .

Thanks

Zein
                Jess, hey, THANKS for looking out for me. That's mighty nice of you! :thumbright:
                Last edited by Twistiva; 03-28-2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

So how many rubber bushings and bolts are needed to do a complete swap/change of said parts?
                  Bump.

Anybody got an answer on this? Is there 2 front and 2 rear bushings? And....the bolts should be reuseable, aren't they?

(Edit: Hey, I just noticed I now have an even 1,000 posts on here. Cool! So do we get gold stickers on our foreheads when hit a grand?) :headbang:
                  Last edited by Twistiva; 03-28-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                    Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
                    Bump.

Anybody got an answer on this? Is there 2 front and 2 rear bushings? And....the bolts should be reuseable, aren't they?

(Edit: Hey, I just noticed I now have an even 1,000 posts on here. Cool! So do we get gold stickers on our foreheads when hit a grand?) :headbang:
                    Congratulations on becoming a member of the Senior Society Dan.

If I have communicated successfully with Four Green, you will soon be receiving 2 of the correct handle assist directly from them.
                    As soon as I receive the tracking number I will PM it to you.

Comment

• are these the handles you got? this is what i was expecting when i ordered but the more deluxe ones came. it shouldn't happen but maybe the covered handles were a later version that replaced the more pedestrian ones and kia just issued the same part # to the updated handles. the ones here are stock on a 91 JDM festiva and the screws are supposed to be exposed. same center to center mounting points.

Comment

Is that new upholstery under that plastic?

Got another question too?

Did kia ever release the funtop fabrics like with the Mazda as I'd like to at some point in time update my red grey striped interior with a new set of fabrics, same red grey striped as some of the fabric is a little worn on both front seats.. Also if there is a number for the rear splits too, that would be handy to have.

Thanks F3BZ.

Also, an idea too for those grab handles, if people get sick of their electric window armrests, decide to revert back to manual windows .. Install a couple of those puppies and I'll happily take those off your hands .. And with that tatty wiring that'll be sitting in the door, I'll happily take that too

Sent from the depths of hell.
                        Last edited by jawbraeka; 03-29-2014, 02:24 AM.
                        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km
                        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

are these the handles you got? this is what i was expecting when i ordered but the more deluxe ones came. it shouldn't happen but maybe the covered handles were a later version that replaced the more pedestrian ones and kia just issued the same part # to the updated handles. the ones here are stock on a 91 JDM festiva and the screws are supposed to be exposed. same center to center mounting points.
                          Nope. That is not what I received. I'll try to post a pic as soon as I can. Gotta send an e-mail and get back to work.

Comment

• Does anyone know the parts numbers for the electronically adjustable headlights from the kia range..

Basically, I'll need the part numbers for the following parts to go with them too..

Headlights, grille, spacers, wiring looms, switches.

As far as I know, they were from the Philippines and Germany.

Avg Economy:
                            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• ^^personally I don't think I would ever use electrically adjustable headlights even if I had them

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• ^^ there good for stretching the light down the road as well as keeping "non kosher" light wattages out of other drivers eyes. (Illegally rated brightnesses and HIDs)

Avg Economy:
                                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Working...
                                X