No announcement yet.

4GREEN GRAB BAG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Thanks for this! I've been wondering how hard it would be to add grab handles.

Now I know what I'll get next time I see a Rio.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Just out of curiosity, could someone put up a sticky for the postage prices from the US/Canada at their current standings.. Thanks

sent from the depths of hell.
      Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
      Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km
      City - yet to be determined.

Comment

as stated above, i also checked to see and verify that there are pre-tapped holes 7" on center above both rear windows and above the passenger window except that the ones above the pass. window were already used by the bolts that hold the motorized belt track. this shouldn't be a problem on manual belt cars with the bow stiffened headliner.

Comment

Thanks for checking. I got a tan one to put in Nellie but I guess I will have to put it in the back seat instead.

Comment

Avella (Aspire) brake booster upgrade for correct feel with Aspire brake transplant. this is the 8" can for MT w/o ABS. KK370 43 800A. when only new will do. $125.24.

Comment

this is more for our Philipine buds since i don't think our 2 door hatch is tapped for these Rear Seat Center Belts. KK343 57 740B04. $17.14. at that price though i'll screw em in anyway. these don't match our US belt in color though. they're a little lighter.

Last edited by F3BZ; 01-02-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                this is more for our Philipine buds since i don't think our 2 door hatch is tapped for these Rear Seat Center Belts. KK343 57 740B04. $17.14. at that price though i'll screw em in anyway. these don't match our US belt in color though. they're a little lighter. ]
                When I added the middle set of belts I just used the existing holes as they are far enough apart.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

here's the lower pipe nest (PIPE 1 on the diagram) for PS. a little pricey but probably cheaper than having one made. KDT01 32 410. $55.52. unfortunately, PIPE 2 is no longer available.

Comment

deleted duplicate post
                    Last edited by F3BZ; 01-07-2014, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ
                      unfortunately the armrests that these fit into are no longer available. some members in the Philippines or the UK might sell a pair. PW switches are interchangable between LHD/RHD cars. MAIN SW - KK12B 66 350 04. $22.86. PASS SW - KK12B 66 370 04. $14.86.

I'm after a set.. Capri xr2 should be about the same as these.

Avg Economy:
                      Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

I already have those PN's saved but was wondering where one might find the wiring for such an install. LOL but seriously.
                        -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                          I already have those PN's saved but was wondering where one might find the wiring for such an install. LOL but seriously.
                          Go after the mercury Capri wiring.. It'll effectively be the same thing and tbh I don't think the festiva will mind too much as mine seems to be happy with the upcoming engine upgrade

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

thanks. Another reason for me to be mad that I scrapped the XR2 too soon. Oh well. guess it'll be JY time for me in the spring.
                            -Bryant

Comment

I stripped all the wiring in case of something.. Even mirror wiring down to the inertia switch in the boot.. The whole shebang.. Even if you don't need, know in the security of having it in case.. After that, if you're wanting to save on wiring for other projects, cut up the existing loom and get some jars or reels and reuse them.

Avg Economy:
                              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Here is the part number for the left hand long armrest that I purchased on eBay UK.
                                The length is compared to our stock armrest. I removed the connectors off of the original wiring harness and transferred them over to Mazda MPV door harnesses, because I also installed power locks + speaker ready. I still have the Pride door harnesses without the connectors to plug into the window controllers.

Comment

Working...
                                X