figuring out which engine i really have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by detroit View Post
    By him I can only assume you mean rocketman.
    Yes lol rocketman.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

well it seems more like a slow ride up and grinding into the cap and suprisingly its still running fairly decent..... until it gets hot anyway.

Comment

They used to have ignition control modules on Ebay for like $59.00. Otherwise Rockauto has them for $95.00. I put an aftermarket ignition system in mine years ago and I really like it. Here's a link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-IGNITION...d30989&vxp=mtr
        Last edited by zoe60; 06-05-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Would anyone have a guesstimate on what components an ignition module are made up of. My stock 93 goods look like a F.E.T. and an inductance kickback suppression diode. Relatively simple, right?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow there's some engineer talk if I ever heard any. What's that in wrench turner lingo?

Comment

Oh and thanks for the link zoe60. Little rich for me right now but maybe in a few weeks.

Comment

If you're responding to me, it means a fet is like a solid state relay of sorts. No reason we couldn't have multiple parallel drivers to share the load and increase spark. It'd just take the right component

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X