hello from Toledo Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by micro_trucktiva View Post
    How so? If say it's because it's not a 180° or 192° your wrong. All the temperature is stating when the thermostat opens. The cooler you can keep your motor the better.
    I see now that I did some forum searching, the stock tstat is 2 stage vs single stage.....I guess I'll order the mazda one and keep the failsafe for emergency use if I need it someday.

Comment

Yes these motors have a hard time warming up with the correct thermostat as is...with a 160° you'll never even come close to operating temp. Cooler is NOT better.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I am running a 150°F single stage thermostat for a Mazda 323. I have no ECU computer. My B6 engine runs great. The engine cooling fan also turns on when it is supposed to. I do not intend on driving my Festiva in the winter, as I have bypassed my heater core to allow my R-12 A/C system to run even colder. Think polar bear.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 09-13-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

You can unplug the sensor on the thermostat housing and turn the key on, if all is well the fan should come on
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
            You can unplug the sensor on the thermostat housing and turn the key on, if all is well the fan should come on
            Tried that. No dice. Thinking it may be a ground problem but I haven't diagnosed any further with my multi meter and test light

Comment

Working...
            X