No announcement yet.

Bought a B6T Turnkey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's a e series and this is your first boosted festiva I will give the Trans a week. Something about boosted festivas and driving them with out going into boost is very hard unless you have gone through a Trans change before or have dailyed it for a while.

Comment

I'm not to worried about it. If it's still the e then I will jest make sure my Capri trans is ready to go a any moment.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

It's name was Barbie.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
          It's name was Barbie.
          BOOO
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

You'll have to change a LOT to put your G series trans in it. I'd just swap in another 5 speed E series if you blow it up. The b6t is much easier on trannies than a BP because of the harmonic properties of the engine. That tranny held up to Danny, and I've seen him drive. Lol.
            In order to put a G series in you'll have to re do your entire air box/battery/radiator setup. That stuff fits in there well right now. I say just keep building your other car and enjoy this one as is.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              You'll have to change a LOT to put your G series trans in it. I'd just swap in another 5 speed E series if you blow it up. The b6t is much easier on trannies than a BP because of the harmonic properties of the engine. That tranny held up to Danny, and I've seen him drive. Lol.
              In order to put a G series in you'll have to re do your entire air box/battery/radiator setup. That stuff fits in there well right now. I say just keep building your other car and enjoy this one as is.
              That is the plan for now! At some point i will bring the car to you to have you do the core support mod, move the radiator and redo the battery tray and box. Thats a while down the road tho. For now i will enjoy the car!

Any tips on how to drive this car in the autox with the e-series in it? Im lucky i nthe fact that i have 2 eseries in the driveway right now.

Would an auto e or manual e be best to replace it if i need to?
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Its nice to see that my new car has history here and with shadetree!
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

No such thing as an "auto e"
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Stick with the stick. The auto is an F series.
                    Tips for autocross: find a gear and stay in it. Shifting feels fast, but it's not. Your better off lugging the car in turns anyway. With that much TQ on tap you'll never have to shift it. With that much tire under the car you may never have to slow down either. Lol
                    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-15-2016, 10:03 AM.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Also, a huge tip for any turbo engine (well, any drive by cable system) roll on the throttle smoothly. Mike, your a sport bike guy, so you probably already know what I mean. Stabbing the throttle will not provide the result you want. Smoothly rolling it on will give you maximum TQ and reduce the effects of turbo lag. Also, being throttle conscious is important in a high hp, light FWD car. That gas pedal is what is going to save your ass coming out of turns. Lift or brake and you'll spin, throttle out like you do a bike.

Comment

Wait how much did you pay?
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          Also, a huge tip for any turbo engine (well, any drive by cable system) roll on the throttle smoothly. Mike, your a sport bike guy, so you probably already know what I mean. Stabbing the throttle will not provide the result you want. Smoothly rolling it on will give you maximum TQ and reduce the effects of turbo lag. Also, being throttle conscious is important in a high hp, light FWD car. That gas pedal is what is going to save your ass coming out of turns. Lift or brake and you'll spin, throttle out like you do a bike.
                          Nice! Thanks for the help. I have a lot to learn about racing cars. Im good on bikes but this is my 1st car to race. I will transfer my suspension from stress relief over to lucifer! You suspension and the tires on it
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                            Its nice to see that my new car has history here and with shadetree!
                            History with me, too. Danny let me drive it last year, my only experience with a turbo and what an eye opener. Not enough to make me want one, but WOW!
                            "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                            "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                            "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                            "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                            "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                            "Wenona"-89L parts car
                            "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                              Wait how much did you pay?
                              I paid his asking price ! In my defense tho it gives me the blueprints on how to finish my car. Plus it gives me a nice fun little car to have now. Guys i have been in my garage all day and night over the last couple months. Im getting down in spirit! I need a change. SO his asking price is ok with me. Good clean car no rust motor swap done turn key and dropped off. 4300$ im ok with it.
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
                                History with me, too. Danny let me drive it last year, my only experience with a turbo and what an eye opener. Not enough to make me want one, but WOW!
                                How did it drive?!
                                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X