ECU Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU Options?

So if my Microtech ecu wont cut it what is my next option? If i have to buy another i want a good option that wont break the bank but still let me tune the car properly. It doesnt have to be plug and play but the easier the better (you know because im doing it!!!)
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Megasquirt pnp?

Comment

I'm going to Evo might have a (or 2) ms sitting around.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
        I'm going to Evo might have a (or 2) ms sitting around.
        let me know as soon as u can!
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

So here is the issue i have just realized!!!!!

The b6t dissy outputs a different signal then the mazda 1.6L CAS.

I need to change over to run the CAS style from a mazda 1.6 or adapt the signal from my dissy to match what i need.
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I paid $635 for it..... [emoji25][emoji25]
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Sorry buddy i cant float that right now!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Do you know how i can convert the B6T to run a miata CAS? The B6T has a vaccum advance on it. If i can convert my setup to run miata stuff im back in the game.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

It's got special racing tunez

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

It's got special racing tunez
                    pm me with details and the amount you are looking for.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The miata CAS is a direct bolt on to the b6t. Just run a miata CAS. Make sure you get the right one though. The b6t is the same engine as a miata 1.6 in most ways, it just has different stuff bolted to it to make it a b6t. YOU HAVE A MAZDA 1.6 IN YOUR CAR. Lol

Mike, you need to read the DOHC B6 information thread that's stickied in custom engine and drivetrain. It explains these engines in detail. Since you own a couple of DOHC engines and a couple Festivas, you'll save a lot of headaches by knowing the facts about these engines. They are all very similar.

Does your engine management have ignition capabilities? If it's got ignition drivers then your all set to hook up coils with the miata CAS, if not then you'll need a system like a Ford EDIS or similar to drive your coils
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-29-2016, 01:51 PM.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Yes the ecu is ignition and fuel. I have read through them a bit. I knew i have a mazda 1.6L i just didnt know if the dissy was the same being mine is vacuum advance and such.

After talking to carlos and after hooking the ecu up i started to think i was wrong or something was off but it turns out it was just the dissy issue that i didnt know about. He was telling me to get a bp dissy all along but i didnt understand y. I happen to find a thread that talked about the signal outputs of the both of them. Thats how i figured out my issue. Sure he was telling me all alone what the issue was but i just didnt understand him due to lack of knowledge.

I am slowly picking up on this stuff. This is my 1st custom build so its taking me a bit. Anyway thanks for the help you all gave me.
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The distributors are different, but they bolt up the same way.

The BP distributor should bolt to your b6t as well. I've personally never done it, but others have and I believe Carlos has guided a b6t swap with the BP distributor before.
                          You won't use your b6t distributor at all, it will come off completely. They are worth money though, so keep it around when somebody needs one.
                          Either a miata CAS or the BP distributor will completely replace your distributor without modification to any of the parts.
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-29-2016, 03:13 PM.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I can reuse the stock capri coil right?
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yes, that should work fine if you use a BP distributor. If you use a Miata CAS you may need dual coils from a miata depending on how the system is configured. If you are running wasted spark (bad plan on a turbo build) them you'll need 2 coils.

Comment

Working...
                              X