No announcement yet.

ECU Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that the rocket chip was limited to a jv hybrid turbo. How would my 610cc injectors work out on the rocket chip.

I dont mind spending money guys. I just want to understand what im doing
    Last edited by mikemounlio; 07-20-2016, 02:52 PM.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I cee the above ecu you show is tune-able TunerStudio tuning software
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
        So will my rocket chip ecu work just fine then? If so i can patch the wiring back together and have it going asap!
        For the last time Mike, yes! Even a stock tune will be fine.
        I thought that the rocket chip was limited to a jv hybrid turbo. How would my 610cc injectors work out on the rocket chip.

I dont mind spending money guys. I just want to understand what im doing
        You won't want those 610cc injectors. Put it together with stock injectors and drive it with a good eye on your wideband. You might be fine with stock injectors. If it runs lean (13.8 or higher) then get an adjustable FPR. You probably won't need much extra pressure. If you put bigger injectors in, you'll have to calibrate the AFM to the new injectors, but there isn't enough adjustment for anything over 400cc.
        Stop just throwing parts and money at this thing and start listening to poeple who have reliable and fast cars already.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

For the coil on plug you should be able to use the bp distributor and you just have to make a harness to add the coils.
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

BTW, fix your charge piping. Make damn sure it's all correct before you beat on this thing with that bigger turbo. That open blow off valve was half your problem before, and it sounds like your water meth wasn't set up correctly. A well built system that is set up to work with the factory ECU will provide all the fuel you need.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I cee the above ecu you show is tune-able TunerStudio tuning software
              This is right.
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                For the last time Mike, yes! Even a stock tune will be fine.

You won't want those 610cc injectors. Put it together with stock injectors and drive it with a good eye on your wideband. You might be fine with stock injectors. If it runs lean (13.8 or higher) then get an adjustable FPR. You probably won't need much extra pressure. If you put bigger injectors in, you'll have to calibrate the AFM to the new injectors, but there isn't enough adjustment for anything over 400cc.
                Stop just throwing parts and money at this thing and start listening to poeple who have reliable and fast cars already.
                Thanks for the help! the only thing i have bought that i didnt need to was the microtech ecu. I only picked it up becasue i made another trade and happen to have extra cash. Everything else i bought was to fit the turbo carlos suggested to me to use. I put all my cards in his hands. I dont actually like going through money like its candy!!! I just have so much in this that im screwed so i gotta do whatever to get it to run. My fault or not! Im not mad about it tho. I gotta learn. I have picked up on a ton already since starting this mess. Lots to go clearly.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

BTW, fix your charge piping. Make damn sure it's all correct before you beat on this thing with that bigger turbo. That open blow off valve was half your problem before, and it sounds like your water meth wasn't set up correctly. A well built system that is set up to work with the factory ECU will provide all the fuel you need.
                  I will ditch the bov and use one of the audi units like we talked about yesterday. I think i even had a second 1" forge. I think at this point i need to just get it running and make sure it all is working correctly. Then go from there. If for some reason i need something else ill look into it then.

I want this car to run good guys. I just suck at all this stuff still. Im sorry im such a pain. I do try to help out when i can tho. Someday ill be able to help future new guys with their builds and ill have all the what not to do's done tight!!!
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

K, good. Flyin's Megasquirt is a tried and true option, but like he said, if you don't have a guy to tune it and you can't get the hang of tuning then your better off with the chipped ECU. Plenty of cars have made 250+ hp with a chipped b6t ecu. Just make sure that your system is set up right. Your car didn't run consistently before. That wasn't because of the ecu, it was because the system wasn't set up correctly. I'm willing to bet that a well set up b6t at 16psi would pull harder than your car did for a few seconds at 20 psi. How do I know? Because I've been pounding the crap out of B6t cars for half a decade now. These aren't guesses. I know, by how you described how the car was running, that it was running like dog pile. When it sorta ran good it felt fast, that's how crappy tuned engines feel. Trust me, you would have gotten worked by a good running car on 16psi.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with being new to this and making a mistake here or there. We've all been there. Just try to think things through with the sound advice from guys who have built what you'd like to have. Mike (Flyin4stroke) gave you a great bit of advice when he said that your expecting this stuff to happen way too fast. That's the same reason I suggested just getting this car dialed in with a few simple repairs and going crazy on your other car. I've built a lot of project cars and I've learned that nothing ever goes as planned. These things always take way longer than expected and end up costing 3 times what was expected. That's how this stuff goes. Having a fun and fast car to hop in when your getting discouraged with your big project is a huge help. Having 2 cars that are not finished or broken will eventually wear you down. We've all seen that story way too many times.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-20-2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't go to megasquirt.com

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Charlie, if you are using a map sensor instead of the vaf, do you use the diverter valve or a bov?
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I always use a diverter. A MAP based system will not have the same inconsistent fueling issues that a AFM or MAF system will have (on a draw through). However, the most efficient setup uses a lightly sprung (the spring doesn't hold the valve closed under boost) diverter valve that recirculates into the turbo inlet piping. This is the best way to ensure maximum air velocity under partial throttle situations.
                            People complain about how inconsistent the boost is on turbo engines. This is usually a result of a poorly designed or built system, poor tuning, or both. Blow off valves are 1970s technology. Properly tuned systems have utilized a diverter for the last 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
                              Charlie, if you are using a map sensor instead of the vaf, do you use the diverter valve or a bov?
                              Jerry, you've got first hand experience with what I'm telling Mike here. Explain what I told you and Rob at FM9.

Comment

Charlie, that sounds like my issue now. It doesn't have the return pipe hooked back up since I went with the EVO system. I was thinking I needed it hooked up but was told that map sensor based system didn't need the return pipe. It hunts, as I call it between 2000-3000 rpm at just off no throttle, maybe 10% or so open not pulling or coasting. AFR's are all over the place when in this condition, I'm definitely gonna get it hooked back up. Idle is good right now.
                                Jerry
                                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                                X