Cup holder prototype...what ya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Do they make any colors close to the original color?"

I'm sure I could find something close to that color but each roll of filament is a little over $20. The only thing I have close to that is just plain black right now.
    Last edited by jimdigs; 03-04-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
      Having "Festiva" molded into it is a nice touch.

I assume it screws onto the ash tray body?
      Thats the fun of this. You could have whatever you wanted (word wise) put onto it. Yes the two screws. The plastic makes a kinda crackling sound when tightening it down. You wouldn't want to try and tighten down to tight or I believe it would strip out easily.

Comment

Originally posted by RdstrBlk View Post
        How about an open source file for those of us with our own printer :-DDD

I have a mazda shift knob i have been working on, will upload once complete
        How would I load the STL file within the message here?

Comment

What do you think of the look with the word "Festiva" Embossed on the holder instead of punched through. I can do either. I think the embossed looks cleaner. DSC07061.jpg

Comment

I like the embossed too and might make less work as far as clean up ?
            If you get this worked out to also hold cans I would take one in black. I would pay up to 20 bucks for one if it's strong. One thought ,can you make it a bit longer so you can get the cup in there without pulling the ashtry out to clear the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
              I like the embossed too and might make less work as far as clean up ?
              If you get this worked out to also hold cans I would take one in black. I would pay up to 20 bucks for one if it's strong. One thought ,can you make it a bit longer so you can get the cup in there without pulling the ashtry out to clear the radio.
              I thought of that too, about making it longer but its only held by the two small screws and I think if it was extended it would make it weaker. Hey if you guys can come up with a better place to put one or better design I'll give it a go. I was just experimenting with this. I am printing out a part to try and hold cans as I type. I have to work today so won't be back on til later this evening. How tall of cans are we talking for most people? Like a can of pop size or the arnold palmer type?

Comment

I would add the widest double sided tape I could fit before screwing it on.
                I agree making it longer would give the drink more leverage to break it off there.
                But with the added tape it wouldn't have all the load on the 2 screws.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Put a strap on the bottom to hold cans and mark me down for one. Shoot, mark me down for one without the strap anyone. PM me with price and paypal
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                    I would add the widest double sided tape I could fit before screwing it on.
                    I agree making it longer would give the drink more leverage to break it off there.
                    But with the added tape it wouldn't have all the load on the 2 screws.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                    You want 3m VHB. That will do what you need.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^ Yep I was thinking 3/4 inch 5952 holds very well eve better with a good cleaning and adhesion promoter.
                      But I hadn't measured the ashtry to see what width I could fit.

Comment

Just a thought......do you maybe have a font style that matches Ford's "festiva" a little closer? You know, like the "festiva' name on the back hatch? If you did, I'd recommend using that style of font to tie things together. Keep up the good work.
                        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
                          Just a thought......do you maybe have a font style that matches Ford's "festiva" a little closer? You know, like the "festiva' name on the back hatch? If you did, I'd recommend using that style of font to tie things together. Keep up the good work.
                          I'll check into that. Good idea.

Comment

Here is the holder with a bottom attached. I tried it out with a trip to the local dollar general and she worked like a charm with a bottle of Mountain Dew. I tried taking corners fast and stopping quick. Seems just fine. I took these pics in the dark so they didn't come out to good. https://photos.google.com/u/0/photo/...PPy8X-WJ3isQDC Here is the pop bottle in the holder with the ashtray all the way in. https://photos.google.com/u/0/photo/...hCdxw_4fOOspwQ And here it is pulled out about half way. https://photos.google.com/u/0/photo/...UO-ZuN_tkhzm9Z All empty.. https://photos.google.com/u/0/photo/...y8xSZ725q2xjKJ What kind of cans or drinks containers would you like to see if it fits and holds ok or not?

After looking at the photo I don't believe the ashtray was closed all the way. I don't think the bottle will fit in there with it closed all the way. I'll check tomorrow in the daylight.
                            Last edited by jimdigs; 03-04-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Can't see the pics for some reason.
                              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Here are the photos from above post...DSC07081.jpgDSC07071.jpgDSC07064.jpgDSC07068.jpg
                                Last edited by jimdigs; 03-05-2017, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X