Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got any plans for your festiva this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like those round headlights Gotta look into that...

Comment

sweet monkey racing, looks awesome, super clean 8) did you bypass your TB coolent?Looks like you did, I did to help keep the intake air cool, it doesn't really need to be heated :wink:

Comment

Nope, TB coolant lines are under there, hiding behind some blocked off vacuum ports.

The round headlights are pretty easy to do. Use the Festiva backing plates, and fit in a set of old VW Rabbit round buckets. It requires some trimming of the backing plates, but it's not that hard.

Comment

ya I really like those headlights too, good idea and nice fabrication work :wink:

Comment

Ian (Fastivaca) did the fabrication work, I just installed them. He was going to use them, but I think he's got a line on some Pride headlights or something like that.

Comment

That's right guys!!!!!! this thread is back! How's your projects going???

Mine is good and bad!

Tonight I just got back from Fred's with the car.....Between me and him it just did not happen until now.... So that's the good news....bad news is I really don't think coming to the meet in July will happen.....there is just too much to do and not enough time to do it....But at least I can scratch buying the car off the list and bringing it home....now comes the work!

What about you guys?
              Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Installed an Alpine radio and 6 1/2" speakers in the back.
                Still working on getting the front ones mounted.
                ~Jeff
                1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Installed speakers in my doors working on the rest
                  92 white festiva stock

Comment

I got about half of my original list completed. Of course my list keeps growing. I have

Installed two comibination switches with variable speed wipers
                    Put on two stripe kits
                    Installed factory stereos
                    Switched interiors from my 89 to my 90
                    installed clocks in two cars.

Plus numerous stuff not on the list.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

My list includes:
                      Install kit and hood
                      Some degree of bodywork and paint (still undecided how crazy to go)
                      Install new wheels
                      Work out minor kinks in vehicle (missing ebrake, mold problem, welded seats, etc)...
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Right before I left I installed the delay wipers .

while I was in Colorado ..
                        I now have installed a GL hatch , with wiper and defog ,and all the little things that go along with the washer .

I also installed a new gas door with a actual lock that is still intact :lol:

I also have put into place the hardware that secures my jack , that I never had
                        :lol:

I found the little metal clips that the 2 loose cords attach to from the cargo cover .
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Money is not as easy as when i had no mortgage
                          Paint the shell in about 2 weeks. Just need to make a decision on the colour....
                          As for other stuff- i'm slowly getting through the list. Pics in http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7 if ur interested.

Comment

well, I have my engine fully built and the old engine half apart, I replaced the fuel filter, re-built the raditor, redisigned and built the intake, and basicly refinished all the parts in the pile there :lol: , but the major labor intenseive project was porting and polishing my stock exhaust manifold to look like this 8) (excuse the carpet fuzz inside the port in the first pic)

and hears my refinished part pile

Comment

Nothing done on my short list so far (see previous post), but did finally install some new brake pads last night. Just yesterday it started a loud, nasty grinding noise. yes, they were worn down to the backing and slightly scored the rotor, but nothing too bad.
                              While I was down there I noticed my CV boot is split in two, so that's another thing to add to the list.
                              I really like the clock installed in the clock location high center of the dash, but my tach is mounted there, so....
                              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                              Mark S.

Comment

New List for the summer.

1. Paint Dash, plastic interior pieces, and door vinal all black
                                2. Install Black Carpet
                                3. Install my new seats (picking up on Sunday)
                                4. Install my roll cage (picking up on Sunday partially built)
                                5. Getting hood, cowl, and grill painted, along with alittle touch up.
                                6. Add more support to the housing of my hydrolic clutch resvior so it doesn't "flex"

All this should be completed by the end of the month :-)

After that will be the full turbo build. Hopeing to get a minimum of 250 to the wheels by spring. I will have a nice clean warm garage to work on it this year :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X