Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts are with you and your Family Inga, DJ was a great guy, and he will be missed dearly.

Respectfully,

Brian
    93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Comment

My good friend and inspiration, you have done much for us here. You have inspired me to do great things, your name will always be treated with respect and honor. I will miss the good times talking to you on messenger and on the phone, you will be remembered here and around the world. We will always let the dream of Festiva's live on and remember the things we have learned from you. We are all greatful for all you have done for us, and I am most greatful to you my friend and all you have inspired me to do. Loosing you is a great loss. You will never be forgotten.

May this site always live on and unite as friends.

May the Lord be with your family and comfort them in these times.

You will be missed my friend.

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family, may the Lord comfort them in these times of sorrow.

Respectfully,
      Joseph
      "Eye of Ra"

Comment

DJ - I cried for you last night... I cried for your family... I pray that your friends, relatives, and neighbors, along with the entire FF.com community, helps your family continue on. I'll remember the good times of you, the random phone calls for help on the board or just to tell me what was going on in your life. I'll remember the first time of seeing your car and wanting something similar. I'll remember the true friendship that we had.

I've heard a good quote before that "Goodbye is not forever" and I hope that's true. That one day, we'll meet again and have the 2 baddest Festivas wherever we are.

Much love DJ. You'll be missed.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

These are sad times for the FF.com community.

To the Hayek family,

Just by reading car related posts, it was obvious that DJ was a wonderful person, husband, father and grandfather. It is a great loss, where ever DJ was involved.

I will pray for comfort and stregth for all of you
          I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

apart from the festivas dj was a true american and stood up for his country when people was bashing the united states. the united states as a whole lost a great citizen.

Comment

I remember the first time looking on cardomain for festivas and the first one I saw was Techno. I must say he was my first inspiration. R.I.P. DJ...you will be missed brother.

Comment

This is truly a shock to me! I never met DJ but the foundation he built here will last forever. Although I am new to the site it was the reason I decided to purchase a festiva. DJ, you will be truly missed. My prayers go out to the Hayek family.

As for this site I want to ensure that it runs forever and I will do whatever I can to make that happen.

Comment

Rest in Peace, DJ.

Comment

I too never had the chance to meet DJ face to face but I have parts from him on my car and knowledge from him in my head. I don't post much around here but he was great at PMing back about any and all questions I had, which was invaluable in keeping my little Festiva running...Techno was an inspiration and the reason I started looking at my festi in a new light.

He will be GREATLY missed and I give thanks to my ford festiva and this board for giving my the opportunity to know DJ.

My families prayers are with you mamabear and family.
                    Those who think drifting through life is easy, never tried it in an FWD.

Comment

• This truly is a sad time. As a former neighbor of DJ and his family and close friend to DJ, I am stunned at his passing. A man like DJ is rare in our world today. Someone who genuinely cares for his friends and family and that is always willing to help out someone in trouble. He was the kind of person that what you saw is what you got. A true genius with computers and an amazing talent with his cars. He bought his first festiva from one of my employees and amazed me with his transformation of it. Every time he did something new to one of his cars, he would bring it by and say "hey, check this out." A man who lived life at 110% and gave his all on all of his endeavors.
                      I will surely miss you my friend.

Dwayne James

Comment

• RIP :cry:
                        99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - # 1571 - PRT track whore
                        98 SVT - PRT R&D car
                        90 Festiva "BLKTIVA"

Comment

• Truly a tragic lost. My thought and prayers are with you all, especially the family and the FF.Com community.

With Deep Sorrow,
                          Royce Hofmeister

Comment

• My condolences to the family. Like most close knit message boards, a real sense of community and family can quiclky develop. We'll always be thankful to DJ's efforts in creating this family.

Comment

• Terrible news indeed.
                              When i first saw this i was hoping it would turn out to be a sick joke. Unfortunately that isnt the case.
                              You will be missed. Your creation of this site was an amazing gift. Without this site i probably would have never gotten into festivas.
                              I only wish i could have met you.

RIP
                              89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                              RIP 90LX

Comment

• I am DJ's sister and am so very proud that my brother touched so many people. He was a very good man that died much too soon. I cannot begin to express how much your words has meant to our mother and me. Thank you all for being there for Inga and the kids. This site meant the world to him. I know Travis will have much help keeping it alive for Dave. Again thank all of you for your love and support for my brother and his family.
                                Kelly (Hayek) Kimbel

Comment

Working...
                                X