Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many prayers of peace and condolences from my family to yours, Hayeks. Be comforted in knowing what an inspiration DJ was to so many people, not only in regards to Festivas, but as a man. He was truly one of the VERY GOOD guys!

Comment

went to fms site to order parts and got a black screen...came here, and , well, i hold my head in silence at the loss of a good man.
      is not sposed ta do that...
      05 subaru legacy gt
      1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
      1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Nice tribute to DJ at FestivaMotorsport.com. Thanks

1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
          2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

i never did meet him. really wish i did. seemed like a great guy. he will be in my prayers.
            Teal 93 GL
            stock as piss
            loud system though

Comment

Condolences, Travis and the rest of the Hayek Family

I am pleased to have met you and your father, when you drove out to Coldspring. I really enjoyed how much enthusiasm he displayed.

For those who haven't met him...He had so much energy when he spoke, I found myself being entertained by his stories of tricking-out festivas. Before I knew it he showing-off his red Mama Bear throttling the hell out of it, right in front of my sleeping-wife's bedroom window. (She awoke, and normally would have been asking "What the hell!"). But she is the Festy-freak in the family. We had a great time talking and being in the company of DJ. (Travis wasn't so thrilled at the time, being drug out of the house to pull parts of of Festies while DJ stood around telling stories.)
              DJ was one of the nicest, coolest dudes, we ever had the pleasure of meeting.

To Travis and the rest of the Hayek Family,
              My wife and I are very sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm sorry that i never met him but he was definitely an inspiration for all us to take our little economy cars and turn them into something to be proud about, thank you
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                Paulbarrera12.com
                Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

the way i look at a festiva will never be the same with out this web site and DJ, i probably would have never had any intrest in a festiva. i never knew the apitimy of economy cars could have such a big following and actully turn into something more then just an economy car. if it wasnt for him the pioneeer, this site and the many of the great members i may have never come in contact with a festiva. every time i think of the festiva i think of this web site and now him who was quietly the man responsible for this and saving many festivas and pulling us all together.

ps i want to send some flowers maybe ill call 1 800 flowers when i get back does anyone know where the wake will be? maybe we can use my paypal and i will pay 1 800 flowers i never sent flowers before so if someone else has maybe they would be a better canadit then me.
                  you can reach me by pm or email

Hot_Wheels2323@sbcgloabl.net

Comment

The web site will live on! As far as any funeral arrangements we are waiting to hear from Dj's family. When we hear we will post them so anyone wanting to attend or send flowers has the information.
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

wow thats horrible. Condolences to the Hayek Family.

R.I.P.
                      91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                      00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                      88 gtx
                      74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

This should probably be made a sticky at the top of the forum, just so when people that only visit once in a great while are not left out of the loop

Comment

We'll do that in a few days. Not too many actually look at the stickies so I'd keep it as is while everyone is posting.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                          BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                          BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                          New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

logged on sat. and read about this devastating news. made a run through the various forums pretending it was buisness as usual. today as the realization has sunk in i need to add my grief to all the above and below this post. i only met Dj (and Travis i believe) once at a festiva festival in the early 2000's. i wasn't aware of Dj's stature at the time in the world (and it is a different one) of festivas. he was friendly, unassuming and enthusiastic about what would become a passion for me as well. i left with an ff.com window sticker and a new direction. i am a relative newcomer to the site itself but have always respected Dj's devotion and maturity to its existence. i am not writing this today as a festiva owner or a member of the site but rather just to express my sympathies to those for whom he mattered most. i can only imagine that if he put half as much devotion to other facets of his too short life that he put into this club, many others have benefitted from being a part of that life.

Comment

my condolences to DJ Hayek RIP and we all know by now youll still be modding you festiva to this sickest in that great gig in the sky
                              RK

Comment

R.I.P. DJ, you will be in my prayers.
                                1993 GL Sport

Comment

Working...
                                X