Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a tragic thing. I never met the man but given his dedication to the Festiva family and the support he gave to everyone he will be missed.

Nathan

Comment

Hey Travis sorry for not getting on the board sooner but, as you know have been busy with my own site and sick as well. Sorry to hear about your dad and as you know he was one of my best friends as well as my ex-business partner. I have talked with you mom the day of and Diane and I have talked with her since. I will be stopping by tomorrow but, if you need me or if any of you need me for information or anything contact me sooner at work. I hope that you are all holding together and I am extremely sorry that things had to go this way for you at this time. See you guys tomorrow to try and help your mom get things sorted with the computer and bank stuff. Hold tight guy and try and keep your chin up as I know it it going to be hard.

Steve

Comment

Just reading his posts after the fact makes me realize what an enthusiast/passionate Festiva owner is all about/should be all about. I am glad I have been around the past few years to read and follow his lead in his love for Festiva's.. -Kyle

RIP DJ you always will be the man.
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Really sorry for your loss Travis

I never met or even talked to him, just a few emails

was really wanting to meet him someday , so he could kick my ass for resigning my moderator status.

Will miss him dearly

PS thank you PU241 for calling me and letting me know and i've contacted FB71 so he can pass along the word.

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj
            PS thank you PU241 for calling me and letting me know and i've contacted FB71 so he can pass along the word.
            No thanks necessary, you are part of the festiva family even if your not around much anymore!

Just wish this were some kind of horrible joke on me, and I'll get a call/email from DJ saying "we got you good didn't we"!

Pu241
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

My prayers to your family. D.J. touched more lives than he knew. Mine was one of them. I will always remeber him
              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

Well, this certainly is not good news, for anyone involved. I hope his family and this one are holding up alright.

DJ, as everyone else has stated, was a generous, warm guy.

I miss him already.

Comment

Good people & and good leaders we always miss when they're gone. Good friends? Twice as much..... Never met him in person and now wish I had. Godspeed DJ.

Roland

Comment

While i never met or really had a conversation online with DJ, i read alot of his posts and could see he was a very knoweldgable and passionate man. Its sad to see someone who is still fairly young (in the grand scheme of things) pass away. My thoughts are with his family and friends

RIP
                    1996 GLi Festiva
                    Clarion DB36MP
                    Xplod 16cm XS-GF1621X (x4)
                    Pioneer 30cm TS-W305C
                    ALPINE MRP-F250

Comment

The forum members of toyotavanpeople.com want to send their
                      condolences to the Hayek family.

Follow festiva member, Brenton Netz and i are also members
                      over there.
                      "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Holy crap, i can't believe such an active and ingenious man can just go like that with no warning. My condolences (sp) to the family and sympathy goes to the FF.com family. this is a major loss, but with DJ as our inspiration, I hope we can all pull together and keep this site as strong and helpful as ever.

-Arty
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Well, what can i say that everyone else hasn't said. Im terribly sorry for your loss. I wish i had met him, I only knew him from on the forums. Such a great person.

You will be missed DJ :cry: :dj: :cry:

Comment

I want you all to know how much you all are helping me and my boys to stay Strong and Proud of the lost of my Love.We did say our final I Love You and a Kiss. Before he went to the ambulance,I was with him all the way. I thank god he had great Friends like you all. Makes me fell more proud in my baby I will forever and never forget him. I don't know anything about Pay Pal .But here is my mailing address want to know here it goes :,Dominga M. Hayek ,1603 Buchanan Pasadena Tx. 77502. Love to hear fom you all . Again Thank You All Very Much for your blessing. Love Mamabear

Comment

Originally posted by xpnsyd
                              I want you all to know how much you all are helping me and my boys to stay Strong and Proud of the lost of my Love.We did say our final I Love You and a Kiss. Before he went to the ambulance,I was with him all the way. I thank god he had great Friends like you all. Makes me fell more proud in my baby I will forever and never forget him. I don't know anything about Pay Pal .But here is my mailing address want to know here it goes :,Dominga M. Hayek ,1603 Buchanan Pasadena Tx. 77502. Love to hear fom you all . Again Thank You All Very Much for your blessing. Love Mamabear
                              Inga,
                              That is good that you got to say goodbye, alot of people do not get that chance. I can more than likely vouch for everyone here when i say this, but We will never forget this great man, I'm sure mattswab or packrat will be setting up a paypal account for this purpose as well, but i will send what i can for you and your family, plus i am forwarding the sad news to a few sites im on as well. Your husband had a great heart, never took sides (from what i saw of him) always a great sense of humor, very helpful in whatever we needed.

Inga if you need to talk to someone you may email me or pm me or anything and I will talk with you. I have also emailed Travis about that as well.
                              my email address is warlocke@kc.rr.com
                              Im sure that if you need to talk to someone right away anyone on here would be more than happy to talk with you guys.

Hang in there Inga, it will get better.

You will always have a home here on fordfestiva.com

Warlocke AKA Charles
                              2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                              1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                              1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                              http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Sorry to hear this sad news, I never met DJ but like most of us I was looking forward in doing so..

R.I.P DJ.

Sergio
                                06 vw Bora
                                09 Nissan Versa
                                fastest B6T is back!!!
                                http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Working...
                                X