Swapping gauge cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the speedo cable. I pulled it out no problem without unbolting it from the trans. again. FYI, upon further investigation, I discovered that my plug does not even have a wire and pin in the tach position. I will have to run a new one to the plug. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the responses BTW.
    That's an interesting little bit of trivia, that yours didn't have the wire and pin. Never would have occurred to me. But I'm learning there are a lot of little inconsistencies like this from year to year, and in different trim levels.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yea, I have noticed... I bought a hatch with rear defrost and rear wiper, but can't install them without a harness... no power mirror harness either... I have one of those now, but it is not installed yet. I don't know if it has to do with the year (1989), or if it is because it is the "base L model". Either way, it makes it difficult to add options.
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

it is weird cuz my 88 and 89 both have the defrost windows in them stock and his dont

Comment

Working...
        X