So..... this is what we found out today
    NO SPARK
    NO FUEL
    fuel pump relay is good
    Ignition switch is good
    Coil is good
    swapped out VAF no luck
    no obvious broken wires
    there where 3 grounds in tact, one under the distributor, one on the VAF, one on the trans

let me ask when you guys turn you key foward does the CEL come on for a second? his wont, we tried groundint out the sti wire to retrieve codes but not a blink! there where 2 wires and we werent sure which one was the sti, one was black the other is white. sooo this gremlin is realy hiding!
    we did not check the fuel pump, but thinking that is not the issue since there is still no spark. the ecu is a grey area, he swapped out the orginal for a ebay one so its a mystery if it could be the ecu.

Comment

If there is NO spark and NO fuel, I would have to think it was the ECU. If it was one or the other, it may be different, but for both, that is a hell of a coincidence. I hope you guys get it back up and running.
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

You should probably check the engine and meter fuses in the interior fuse panel(10A) and the main relay under hood. Thae best description of location is LF corner of eng compartment- near main fuse link panel(from the evtm).
        186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
        1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
        1992 aqua L (agua)
        1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Working...
        X