Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Bearings Going - I have Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly is a hub? what does it look like?

Comment

its the thing that holds the wheel bearing in place, also has the axle going thru it and its what the caliper mounts to...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I see..........And you say that it is easy???

Comment

easy... just got done putting 2 new-ish ones in to timmay89's car and i helped with his aspire swap on the white car of his and did the aspire swap on my own... not that hard, its only like 6 bolts per side... (10 if you count the wheel lol...)

ill pm you and we can make a time to do this

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Would a bad bearing cause the car to shift lanes on its oun so to speak?
            Or does it make a bear squeal noise? How do you know if one is bad?

thx
            91 Festiva, BP, auto
            69 Mercury Cyclone CJ, 428 SCJ, 4 spd

Comment

you should inspect your lower control arm bushings for cracking or chunks missing, pull the wheels and inspect your pads for wear and make sure the sliders move freely (compress the caliper piston with small pry bar and then check the sliders). with the wheel off, turn the hub by hand and feel for binding and roughness (hub should take a little effort to turn, but it should be SMOOTH).
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Will do thanks
                91 Festiva, BP, auto
                69 Mercury Cyclone CJ, 428 SCJ, 4 spd

Comment

Working...
                X