Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Ford Festiva. Some questions.

Hello!

I'm new here, and my english is not very good, so, please, don't kick me too much

I have 1989 Ford Festiva, with BJ engine (frame is DAJPF). It's still alive, but it needs many fixes...

I have some questions, I hope someone will answer on them There are no cars like mine here, in Russia, so noone can know them better than you do

1) Can I use 98 RON gasoline? Will that be safe for engine?
    2) I need to replace master brake cylinder... will Mazda 121's MBC fit to my car?
    3) Are there any non-original ignition cables that will fit to my engine?

Thank you very much.

You have a BJ engine??? Pics please!!! that is a rare engine for sure, take good care of it lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      Pics please!!! that is a rare engine for sure
      Yeah... I will make some tomorrow

It's really rare Not only BJ engine, but whole car type... I was unable to find another Ford Festiva in my city...

And some parts have bigger price than my entire car... It's really depressing
      Last edited by kjchernov; 03-25-2011, 02:41 PM.

Comment

your festiva, is it a GTX model by any chance?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

DUDE!!!!! BJ!!!! PICS!!! arg!
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

yes absolutely lets see that bj motor!

Comment

Vitaemo. Welcome comrade. How cold is it in your corner of the globe?
              The current temperature in Toronto at 20:34 is -6C. It is supposed to be -15C tonight.
              We must first see a picture of your Festiva and engine.

Novosibirsk is like "New Siberia"
              Last edited by bravekozak; 03-25-2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kjchernov View Post
                Hello!

1) Can I use 98 RON gasoline? Will that be safe for engine?
                2) I need to replace master brake cylinder... will Mazda 121's MBC fit to my car?
                3) Are there any non-original ignition cables that will fit to my engine?
                Yes to all 3 questions. 98 RON is better quality than what we have here in the States. The 121 MC should be identical to yours and bolt right up to the booster (you *might* have to bend one of the hard lines, but i doubt it). most ignition wires will fit our cars. anything from that era that runs a distributor cap and is 4 cyl should be close.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  How cold is it in your corner of the globe?
                  It's about 0C.

FestYboy, thank you

about cables... I meant, is threre are other cables that have proper connector to the spark plug, and enough length? because I was unable to use Mazda 121's ignition cables, because there was no way to connect cable to the spark plug

Pics will come soon

Yes, my Festiva is GT-X...

Comment

ah i see, ok try using cables from a mazda 1.6 or 1.8L DOHC engine as that should have the same length and connector. these should come from a 323 or protege/familia.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

This thread is worthless with out pics...

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Wow! A GTX!?!!!! WOW!
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

его польза, чтобы встретить Вас. добро пожаловать в участок. Ваш английский язык прекрасен. : )

Comment

^ show off!!! lol.

Comment

sdave7, never use Google Translator it's awful

в любом случае, спасибо

Comment

Working...
                              X