No announcement yet.

Another Ford Festiva. Some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will get a picture of the corner lights I have and yes they are compatible with your festiva

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      I will get a picture of the corner lights I have and yes they are compatible with your festiva
      Oh, if Fiesta's corner lights are compatible, then I'm happy-happy-happy, I'm a happiest man in a world, because I can get them for just a $10 each!!!!

Comment

No the fiesta's corner light's would be different, I meant the lights I have will be compatible with your festiva

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          No the fiesta's corner light's would be different, I meant the lights I have will be compatible with your festiva
          Aaah... anyway, I'm happy then Will wait for your pics of them!

Comment

Here is the picture of my corner lights for you

Comment

Konstantin, all I have are American corner lights without that "bump." I'm sure they'll fit, but I'm sure all the bulbs and wiring inside will work properly. Can anyone confirm that this will work?

If you don't mind having just one "smooth" corner light, I can still send it. I'll go get a pic of the inside of the shell so you can compare the bulb holes in it.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

:lol: i think i beat you to it Karl

Comment

Originally posted by kjchernov View Post
                  For now, I'm interested in compatibility of corner lights with Fiesta III (GFJ) And, still, possibility to run on 100% 98 RON octane (93-94 octane rating in USA) without damaging my engine. There was two different answers, and I still not sure
                  There are too many unknowns to give you an answer that I would feel comfortable with. If it was me (like I said) I'd blend some to try, actually I'd try it at 100% for you, but I have six festivas...

I know altitude has some factors, and remember that these cars, at twenty some years old, are almost antiques. We also don't have any idea about your fuel quality, here we are adding corn alcohol to our gas.

I personally have never had any issues with fuel causing any problems besides a poorer running engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                    Can anyone confirm that this will work?
                    It will Wiring is just a cables It's easy enough to make it work even if I'll need to repair some

If you don't mind having just one "smooth" corner light, I can still send it.
                    Oh, that's will be really nice to finally have a left one... and then get a right one to make my festy look good

Damkid, Karl, how much will shipping/corner cost?

Comment

Originally posted by sdave7 View Post
                      There are too many unknowns to give you an answer that I would feel comfortable with. If it was me (like I said) I'd blend some to try, actually I'd try it at 100% for you, but I have six festivas...
                      Thanks... I understand I will try

Comment

I'll look into a shipping quote for you, but i'm sure shipping won't be cheap, but i'll do my best to get the lowest price

Comment

I just offered to ship him a left corner light for free (see my post #31). I couldn't stand seeing that car with a broken light!

Here are the pics:

Konstantin, if you just want a smooth light, it's yours if you think it is compatible (I think it is). But your lights won't match then. You might want to buy Chris's pair for a matching set instead.

Karl
                          Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-27-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

But your lights won't match then. You might want to buy Chris's pair for a matching set instead.
                            Actually, the problem is that I need to get through inspection in a few months, and I cant do that without a corner light, but I can do it with a non-matched one.

I want to know a shipping tax for 2 lights and 1 light, so I can choose whether I can buy two lights, or only one...

Comment

PM me your address and I'll take it in a small box to the post office to see how much they'd charge to ship it to you. The part is free, but I doubt it will be much cheaper than shipping two of them.

The only payment I want is for you to get your car cleaned up real nice and take a bunch of pictures for our site!

Karl

Comment

PM me your address
                                Done

Comment

Working...
                                X