No announcement yet.

Another Ford Festiva. Some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Konstantin. If most of your roads look that bad, it could be your fuel usage is due to the slush, cold weather and warm up times, etc. When your roads become clear, then that would be a better time to check your fuel use.

Also, could you take a picture of your good front corner light? I need to see if an American corner light will fit your car. I can't tell if the broken one is the same as ours. I can send you one for free but let's make sure it is the same part first.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Maybe it's a stupid question, but in my own country people is saying that if I will use gasoline with 98 RON, I will burn out valves/pistons rings/coils (I dont know how to say that exactly on english)... Is that true? Because I dont want to harm my engine...[/QUOTE]

98ron is available here except we call it about 93-94 octane hehe

it will not hurt your car. i have used 90+ octane (98 ron) and added octane booster at times with no bad effects. (we dont have to be as careful with our festivas as you do. : )

{hey, do you VKontakte} ????
      Last edited by sdave7; 03-26-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

98ron is available here except we call it about 93-94 octane hehe

it will not hurt your car. i have used 90+ octane (98 ron) and added octane booster at times with no bad effects. (we dont have to be as careful with our festivas as you do. : )

.................................................. ......................................
        Ignore the statements above!

Sorry i misread the info..... i wouldn't try 98 octane at 100% to start. I might (if I wanted to increase octane) blend some, say one gallon per tank to start, and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by sdave7 View Post
          i wouldn't try 98 octane at 100% to start.
          But if I will use 100% 98 octane, what bad can happen to my little car?

Damkid, here's the interior pics u requested:

Safety guy, here's a pics of my right corner light. My car will be happy to get left one

Comment

Thank you for those pics, your interior is much nicer then a regular festiva, even your sunroof is much nicer, again I am very jealous and if you ever want to sell, let me know

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Damkid, I bought it for approximately $2000, and made repairs for at least another $1500, so I dont think that someone not in Russia will give me at least $2500 for it Yes, it's very-very-very expensive to have such car here... But I hope that if I will need some really expensive parts, some of you, guys, will send me some (I pay, ofc)
              Last edited by kjchernov; 03-27-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I know i would pay $2500 for a true GTX :lol:

As for your corner light, the orange light with the "bump" i think is GTX specific, so finding another matching lense will be very difficult, i do have a set of orange corner lights that are smooth and in excellen condition that i would be willing to sell you for cheap if you are interested
                Last edited by Damkid; 03-27-2011, 09:56 AM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

You can buy it from me right now

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    i do have a set of orange corner lights that are smooth and in excellen condition that i would be willing to sell you for cheap if you are interested
                    Does it looks like this one?

It's a corner light from Ford Fiesta III (GFJ). I'm curious, whether they are compatible...
                    Last edited by kjchernov; 03-27-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kjchernov View Post
                      You can buy it from me right now
                      If your serious about selling it, I'm sure a few of us here would be interested in buying it.
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                        If your serious about selling it, I'm sure a few of us here would be interested in buying it.
                        Yes, I can sell it, but I dont know how you will transfer it from Russia to USA. It's a very difficult task, maybe even impossible.

No offense, I like my Festiva, but it's really hard to keep it alive...
                        Last edited by kjchernov; 03-27-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kjchernov View Post
                          Yes, I can sell it, but I dont know how you will transfer it from Russia to USA. It's a very difficult task, maybe even impossible.

No offense, I like my Festiva, but it's really hard to keep it alive...
                          1 part at a time
                          -Greg
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09

Comment

For now, I'm interested in compatibility of corner lights with Fiesta III (GFJ) And, still, possibility to run on 100% 98 RON octane (93-94 octane rating in USA) without damaging my engine. There was two different answers, and I still not sure
                            Last edited by kjchernov; 03-27-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

That gas will not hurt your engine, but it will not get as good of mileage.

Of course mine is different than yours but I run alot of 100 octane, and sometimes even run 110 octane, and it's not hurting mine.
                              -Greg
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                                That gas will not hurt your engine, but it will not get as good of mileage.

Of course mine is different than yours but I run alot of 100 octane, and sometimes even run 110 octane, and it's not hurting mine.
                                Oh, thank you! Now I definitely will use this fuel (what is I'm not sure is will it really be 98 RON fuel, or it will be 80 octane fuel with additional components which made to increase octane rating...)

Comment

Working...
                                X