No announcement yet.

still wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK..At this point here is what I suggest.
    I know zilch about the ignition differences in the B3 vs B6 switch.
    However I assume the basics of what components control what activity are probably the same.
    Do you have a Festiva Service Manual?
    Mine is a 1993 Service manual and Section 03-07 is Engine Ignition.
    It tells you all about the the components and how they interact to get
    a spark to the plug at the right time.
    I just read this entire section.
    Bottom line is that one or more of the components in this system is bad or is not connected correctly. The ICM and PCM are apparently very sensitive to static electric charges and if not handled according to procedure can be easily made useless.
    Wish I could be of more help but, I'm afraid I've run out of suggestions.

Comment

thanks thou

Comment

since im lost on this car i want to keep it and if i can get it running ill keep it if not then ill make this offer i need an engine for my truck if anyone has a good running 454 chevy motor ill trade u my festiva for it must run good id like to hear or see it run if possible

Comment

ok i got my tester out today self powered test light and tested the switch all wires tested fine so its not the switch im not getting power to the coil with the key on but i am getting power with the key off and i cant figure out why any ideas will help still trying to figure it out

Comment

sounds like your key switch is backwards somehow. Power to the coil with key off, and no power when key on? Aren't they all plugs coming out of the switch?

I feel your frustration. I've been working on my 89L FI for a over a month. I hope I got it narrowed down to the brain box. I've got another one coming from a member on here.
            Last edited by briggs; 06-17-2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

well i got pissed and said forget it so i went to the yard to get parts for my other jeep same problem lol and a friend of mine told me that the wires from the switch are the same in a mazda truck so i looked in one no luck and looked next to it dash already out but switch still there so i lookd at the wires and what are the chances its the same as a festiva so i took them out and will try them later hope it works lol

Comment

i hope mine is from a 323 the pcm i mean im not sure havent even looked really but hay if its working who cares lol

Comment

ok wasnt the switch

Comment

ok got to playing around today battery was dead so tried to charge it went out there after 2 hrs and it had some charge but not alot aent to crank it and got nothing but something else i saw no fuel nothing was comeing out

Comment

Been in and out reading this thread...
                      Someone may have already suggested this and you may have already tried it.
                      But if you haven't, you might try removing the positive wire from the coil and directly
                      connect a lead from battery positive to it and then try starting.
                      If it starts, you can trace back from there.

Comment

Have checked the main fusible link? It is the one in the center of the brown box on the left shock tower. You can replace it with a 40 amp cartridge type if it's bad. It won't crank if it is no good. As for the fuel it isn't gonna come except for about 30 seconds when you first hit the key or until the engine runs because the VAF is what sends the signal to tell it to run. Otherwise you may have a bad fuel pump relay, but I wouldn't go chasing that until you get the engine to crank over.
                        Last edited by kartracer46; 06-24-2011, 07:14 PM.
                        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                        X