HELP! SERIOUS STUTTER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheresGabe View Post
    So this morning I was driving... In 2nd gear between 20-25mph the Festiva shuttered. Kinda hiccuped. Once I was going faster it was fine. It kept doing it in 2nd. Drove it a while, and it started doing it in first too! The on the way home it was stuttering clear up to when I was doing 75 on the freeway! The only thing I could think of is that I put a bottle of gumout fuel system cleaner in it, and i put it in AFTER filling up my last tank, instead of before.

Any ideas what could be happening?
    I had pretty much the same problem for awhile, (not gumout related just the stuttering) replaced everything from the throttle position sensor to the o2 sensor, fuel filter, MAF, etc.... it ended up being the fuel pump itself. got a new one off of ebay for less then $40.00 haven't had a problem since. hope this helps.
    pickster1107

Comment

Originally posted by pickster1107 View Post
      I had pretty much the same problem for awhile, (not gumout related just the stuttering) replaced everything from the throttle position sensor to the o2 sensor, fuel filter, MAF, etc.... it ended up being the fuel pump itself. got a new one off of ebay for less then $40.00 haven't had a problem since. hope this helps.
      Hi! Welcome to the forum! Always glad to see a new face, so to speak!

In regards to your post, you may notice my signature line. One thing is Diagnose, THEN replace. It saves tons of money. Wanna know how I know? Because I used to throw parts at a problem, until I started learning how to make a diagnosis. I would say that this site would help a LOT with that! There is so much info to be found with the search bar, that you can literally spend days reading and not learn it all! Hopefully, we can help you on this road
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
      X