X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
    So cut the boot band and see what happened
    Uh.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by frankm201 View Post
      So icy have you ever expierenced this befor in yours I have the 97 four door I'm almost 90 0percent sure I broke an axle somehow
      I've experienced too much stuff. I know you can/shouldn't pull on those axles because some of them don't even have clips behind all of the boots. I know what an "in backward clutch" feels like (sure, I had to do it once). The suspect axle would make noise for a while, that is until it broke the rest of the way. You can get under the car (after blocking it up) and you shouldn't feel slack in either end of the axles when shaking it up and down only. Don't push or pull towards the trans or hub, there is supposed to be play inward and outward in that regard.
      I've seen a lot of wobbly diff bearings this way, (you did remember to put the atf back in right?)
      I've seen a lot of guys break axles just doing full lock turns at wot...they don't like that.
      Did you put a new unbalanced tire on since the clutch change, or knock a wheel weight off throwing the tire around in the garage?
      97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
      CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
      Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Atf??? All I did was take the old clutch, pressure plate an release bearing out an put the new one in did not screw with trans at all
        Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
        Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
        AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

Originally posted by frankm201 View Post
          Atf??? All I did was take the old clutch, pressure plate an release bearing out an put the new one in did not screw with trans at all
          So, ah, no fluid came out when you pulled the axle out?

Comment

I drained it befor hand an put it new stuff back in befor I started it
            Frankie

AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

Comment

You're sure you got the axles seated all the way into the transaxle? You didn't get any movement like the diff bearings are too loose and those output seals are not weeping fluid? When you put the fluid back it, how close to the bottom of the fill hole did it indicate.
              97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
              CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
              Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

I talked to a ford transmisson tech today an he said by the way I described it that it sounds like the clutch might not be fully engaged an that could be the bouncing?
                Frankie

Comment

Maybe the fork didn't seat properly behind the TO bearing? Sounds like a pita to have to do it twice, make sure the bulk of the disk where the springs show the most is pointing out toward the tranny too.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

We def put the cllutch in the correct way an the TO bearin I put in was a timkin an it a special edge that the fork slipped into. I have a feelin imma be doin this whole process again
                    Frankie

Comment

So chrisofna came over again an we discovered the I some how broke one of the tripod bearing cleanoff so I from a great deal of help an money id like to thank zoom zoom rockauto an ebay for the new axle lcas an sway bar bushing that will hopefully fix my problems
                      Frankie

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                        So cut the boot band and see what happened...the inner cv will pull out, the outter cv is tricky to get apart...or break, unless it wears out over time.
                        Ummmm

Comment

Hopefully gonna fix my problems

Frankie

Comment

So what ended up fixing this problem??? I'm having same issue

Comment

Working...
                            X