X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the test drive

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

^ private video...
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Fixed

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

hesitation durring throttle tip-in is typicaly your accelerator pump or nozzle. you can do this with the carb in the car. first you need to verify that there is no fuel comming from the nozzle when you manualy operate the throttle linkage. if it's working, it'll be a sharp solid stream.

so let's say you don't see the fuel. given that, you'll need to get a carb rebuild kit or accel pump kit (basic spring and diaphram), i prefer the entire kit as it has the top gasket.
              First you need to verify that you don't have an external fuel leak at the pump, then you need to go inside the carb. remove the top 5? screws and any vac lies that will keep you from pealing the top forward. once you can do that, at the back of the carb you should see a thin copper tube that runs across the rear and into the primary tube. gently lift that tube out (it just sits there with a light spring underneath that won't fly out or anything) once that tube is out, make sure it flows. if it's obstructed, clear it. if it flows, then replace the pump diaphram and spring (4 screws on the back of the carb).

i should have takin pix of the one i just rebuilt last week....

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I had a mechanic rebuild the carb all ready. My friend adjusted the fuel air mix a few days ago and the car started running better but I could tell it was to rich so I backed it off a bit and now its all most there. I think that there is a adjustment that needs to be made to make it right on. I just don't know witch way to go with it

Comment

alright, then it seems that your tip in is causing an over fuel condition. time to adjust the pump cam or arm angle.

Comment

How?

Comment

you can remove some material from the pump arm to lessen the stroke of the diaphram (or bend it slightly). the idea is to take away some of the volume of fuel being pushed into the carb durring tip in. the trickm is to make it push in at the onset of tip in, not at the end, otherwise you'll still get hesitation.

Comment

Pics on where this is? I don't want to break anything. Any good festival shops in south Cali?

Comment

see the 3 philips head screws in a square in the center of the picture? that's the accel pump. now look at the one philips head to the immediate right. thats the idle speed set screw. now look straight down from there to the bottom of the pic (there's a roller). that roller touches a cam. that cam is where you remove material.

i misspoke when i said to modify the arm, DON'T TOUCH the arm.

Comment

How did you set your timing? You need some white out to mark both the crank and TDC on the indicator. Then unplug both vacuum lines from the dizzy and plug the black one that goes to the end of the advance, it should be manifold vacuum. The other line (Red-Hash) plugs into the 2nd chamber is to the carb. I know it sounds wrong but to put MAN VAC to your advance, but that is how it was designed. Set your timing to TDC. I know you're rolling your eyes, but look at your VECI sticker. Test to see if with MAN VAC is leaking between your chambers (run the engine, pull off the (Red-Hash) 2nd chamber vac line look for MAN VAC coming from the chamber). You may not have any vacuum advance.
                            '88 LX (VIN#30) one of the first Built 12/86
                            '88 L (VIN#55753) Built 12/87
                            '93 GL one of the last Built 5/19/93

Comment

Comment

I think that is where my problem is

Comment

Working...
                                X