No announcement yet.

1989 Ford Festiva low idle and missing vacuum line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

First video of how the car is running

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2nd video. Please help

Comment

ok, first thing: STOP THINKING ABOUT THE SECOND BARREL.

it will NOT do anything at idle, EVER (read: that barrel will remain bone dry until the buterfly opens). it's not designed to flow fuel until the engine is under heavy load over 2500 rpm. now you CAN manualy open the butterfly to verify jet flow, but it will cause the engine to surge (more air/fuel intruduced will cause engine to rev).

the idle IS high, it nearly sounds like your primary jet is on the verge of being active, or the possibility of a bowl over fill situation. if the float cant close off the bowl, the extra fuel has to go somewhere and that will cause an unsteady idle.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

What festyboy said. The secondary only opens when you give it a lot of gas on the road. That's what a 2 barrel does. Webbers too. Did you ever check to see if your vacuum advance is leaking? Any other vacuum leaks? Put a rag over the carb when it is running and see if it corrects itself some. That's a sure sign of vacuum leaks.
          Last edited by zoe60; 06-22-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Comment

This is what's going on now after working on it

Comment

and what exactly did you do?
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Make sure that the timing was right had to make an adjustment also a gentleman at work on it before made in the car to rich so we back it down.

Comment

Working...
                  X