Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Does anyone know if I could just change to an orange LED bulb, cut off the existing LED and add a connector? Do you think anything would be fried?

I know the answer. Yes, it can be done without frying anything.
    The only problem is that the LED is not diffuse enough for me. I may just end up putting an amber RX-7 security bulb sock over the amber LED.
    I don't like the bright circle projection. I had to push the button on the camera when the light went out in order to catch it blinking.

I just put the amber sock on and it is indeed much more muted. It is nicer than the picture shows. I am well pleased.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-13-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Brave this a question of the day you need to answer:

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Better yet, time to buy an open barrel crimper.
      Everyone who does their own electrical work should own one.
      Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
      Olay, any recommendations as to brand, type, etc?

Including brand of connectors as well. Quality ones.

I just bought some HF crimp type connectors. I could practice on those, or use them for minor projects.

Karl
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• I recommend the same crimpers as 1990new bought to install his power windows.
        Check at the beginning of his thread.
        As for terminals and connectors, just order them from easternbeaver.com
        You can probably order the same assortment as 1990new, for starters.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 05-13-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Today's question:
          I have three wires left over from when I ripped out my ECU.
          Two of them have the potential to become energized.
          They are:
          green/red self test connector
          black/blue to rear window defroster
          black/red to blower control switch

What would you do with the wires? Re-purpose them?
          Put them in a separate connector to avoid a short?
          Other ideas?
          I believe the last two were used by the ECU to speed up the engine slightly.

Comment

• I terminated and insert the two live wires into a couple of spare slots in a connector.
            I doubt I will ever remove the main wiring harness again to snip them off at the splices.

Today's question:
            I used to have an 81 Malibu with genuine dual exhaust. Starting in a parking garage was explosive. All of the car alarms within a hundred feet were triggered. At idle it was very quiet and menacing. But, it definitely made a statement when the foot hit the pedal.
            I want to duplicate that low rumble on my Festiva. Does anyone know of a smal muffler with a low sound and not too large of an inlet/outlet?
            Last edited by bravekozak; 05-17-2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• All of my switch bays are full. Do you think the Subaru Forester switch insert will accept Mazda switches? It looks awfully close!

Comment

• Who can tell me what size thread and pitch the threads are on an Aspire front spindle? also what is the torque spec?

Comment

• The axle nut? It would depend on the manufacturer of the axle, some have thicker stubs than others. I have a few axles and nuts laying around that won't interchange with other brand axles. The wheel bolts are the same thread pitch as a festy just a little longer bolts.(5mm?)
                  Last edited by zoom zoom; 05-28-2014, 07:43 PM.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Is the hatch key cylinder the same size as the door key cylinders? Or, is it slightly larger?

Are the rad hoses the same for both a manual and an automatic transmission?
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-08-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Brave. On mine at least, the door and hatch key cylinders are the same.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
                      1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• Thanks. I will have to wait for sketchman to report on the Pride lockset he got.

Comment

• Question. What is a good hatchback to get a piece of underlay from that will fit the section of upper carpet that covers the fuel tank access cover? Prefer one piece. I want to surpress as much road and pump noise as possible.

Comment

• You could get some closed cell foam from a vw at the junk yard.
                            It has good absorbing properties. And won't soak up water like that lint looking batting.

Comment

• Do you sort of mean like the stuff they use under floating snap down floors?

Comment

• Browse the latest sound absorbing materials from Second Skin Audio. We'll fit you with the right product to make the acoustics in your car really sing.

Like this.
                                I'm not sure about what they use with flooring.
                                Could possibly be a cheap alternative
                                Here is a very informative site that also sells the stuff.

Last edited by william; 06-18-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X