No announcement yet.

Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i don't know but since you are talking relays i ran across these ID pages on my 88/89 parts disc. thought this is something right up your alley. i highlighted all the festiva relays listed but some of the E7GZ ones might be on a festiva also.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Does anyone know what the Ford Festiva key blank part number is?
      It sort of looks like the 011-R series. I believe the blanks have a cut tip at the end similar to 596796, except for a single high shoulder.
      it would be in a Rotunda catalog. the one i have only shows the Aspire blank. 011-R0217. its a 10 cut key.

Comment

• Would a Mazda MZ9R blank substitute?

Comment

• I don't know any part numbers, but I had the local hardware store cut a Mazda blank that I use daily
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• ya i've posted a few times. the mazda# HA40 76 201 is identical except it has mazda embossed instead of ford. was still available from mazda last year.

Comment

• Thanks F3, I missed that post.
              Has anyone tried to adapt a Volvo C30 hatch to a Festiva?
              Where is Nik Blackhurst when you need him?

You would certainly have a very clear view when reversing.

Comment

• I am having my headers modified. What is the outer diameter of the downpipe between the exhaust manifold and the cat?
                Last edited by bravekozak; 05-23-2015, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Are the front dash speakers the same size as the rear speakers?
                  What is the maximum depth that is allowed below the mounting flange for the front speakers?
                  Can I get away with 43 mm (1.7")?
                  If the flange was mounted from underneath, would there be 7mm (.3") below the grille.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 07-15-2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Are the front dash speakers the same size as the rear speakers?
                    Stock front and rear speakers are the same size at 4".
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Brave, I went thru similar questions when replacing speakers. I believe the 1.7" is plenty shallow enough for them. The main problem I found was that most of the 4" speakers had a small tweeter cone that protruded too much to let the grilles back in place. I ended up with Kenwoods which are relatively flat faced and kept the others I had bought to use for the rears. I was able to use standoffs and make them work, but the spacing back there is somewhat critical as well as 1/4 or a little more drops them down to where they hit the plastic cover for the seat belt reel, at least on one side. I "dremelled" one side for clearance, but the other is jammed against it. Really the same depth for front and rear would work best. The problem I had with the cones was from working with pictures which rarely show the side profile shot of the speaker. I ended up getting a spec sheet on the kenwoods which had a good drawing from the side. After writing all this, I looked up my amazon orders and found this:
                      Kenwood Sport Series KFC-1054S 110W Dual Cone Flush Mount Speaker
                      Last edited by jawja jim; 07-16-2015, 09:17 AM.
                      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                      "Wenona"-89L parts car
                      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

• Thanks for the Kenwood model number + the great answer.
                        I don't have rear seat or belts.
                        I will post when I install them.

Comment

• Will a Taurus A/C clutch switch fit our Festivas? E7DZ-19E561-A

There are lots of them available on Rear Counter.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 07-27-2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• I want to stick some buyl sound deadener on my ceiling. Does anyone have the headliner out of their Festiva? If so, what is the spacing in between the support braces? Much appreciated.

Comment

• O.K. I had to get a new set of tires because the garage claimed the old set had dry rot. Same size tires are now rubbung when I hit bad ruts in the road. Stiffer springs needed? Slightly longer springs? longer struts? How do I know if I have Apire struts or Festiva struts? Should I assume the previous owner used Aspire struts? All wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Brave: I did an Internet search on "strut dimensions" and got lots of hits. First look up part no's of the Festiva and Aspire struts, then look for those part numbers in tables of strut dimensions. Good luck.
                                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                                X