No announcement yet.

Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I removed the small screw that holds the ground wire onto the Festiva electric fuel pump motor support bracket. I screwed it into the 323 distributor shaft, through the rotor. A perfect fit. The rotor is nice and tight now. No problemo.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-12-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Yes the screw is definitely needed. For anyone else installing a B6 distributor, the rotor needed is a JR122 . As you can see from the listings, they all have a screw, except for the one that I bought. That's what you get for choosing a rotor with a brass insert. It looks like the Beck/Arnley rotors also have brass inserts.

The JH116 distributor cap is slightly smaller than ours, and does not have a drain hole. There are two half moon locators. Again there is no dust cover inside this distributor.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 11-13-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Which one do you think would look better on the dash of my Festiva?
        This one? or this one?
        Yes
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Just a followup on my previous post. The screw size is M4 X 0.7 X 7
          The same size screw can be used in the other two screw holes to route the ignition module wire around the distributor to the ignition coil.

Comment

• New problem. My rad leaks at the top left corner when hot where the plastic meets the metal. Is there a rubber gasket there? Can it be replaced by bending back the metal fingers of the coolant reservoir retainers? Has anyone taken their rad apart and taken pictures?
            Last edited by bravekozak; 12-18-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

New problem. My rad leaks at the top left corner when hot where the plastic meets the metal. Is there a rubber gasket there? Yes Can it be replaced by bending back the metal fingers of the coolant reservoir retainers? I suppose. Has anyone taken their rad apart and taken pictures? Have taken apart and I have a picture of the gasket (two of them).

Comment

• Thanks. Were you able to reassemble the rad?
                I need to know if I should perform surgery in a junkyard or not.

Comment

• I tried to edit my post to say I had not put one back together but for some reason it kept saying I was one character too short and I had to cancel. Not sure what was causing that.

If it's leaking at the seal you may as well attempt it. I'll put these two seals in an envelope and put them in the mail to you tomorrow. They are thin and light enough to go first class mail.
                  I don't need them.

Comment

• I am truly amazed that some of the most generous and gracious people are members of this this forum.

The doctor will drain his rad and prepare the operating table for surgery over the holidays. I need a nurse to assist me. Does anyone know where I can find one? Say Ahhh!

Comment

• Has anyone substituted a low toned chime in place of the loud Festiva buzzer?

How about an interior light delay from another car?

There's always a continuous improvement project to perform on these vehicles.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 12-28-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Interior light time delay offer accepted. Still waiting on my low tone chime offer.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 12-28-2014, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Interior light time delay offer accepted. Still waiting on my low tone chime offer.
                          Neat idea! I may have to try that too.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I have 3 festivas, none have any buzzer. I have never heard one.
                            95 Aspire SE Red (Eddie)
                            93 Festiva L Red (Herman)
                            89 Festiva L White (Lily)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pertwee454 View Post
                              I have 3 festivas, none have any buzzer. I have never heard one.
                              The buzzer is in the tach clusters only.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Today's question. I have an 89 wiring harness with a 53 relay taped on. Was the original cooling fan relay a six position connector, with two unused positions? Or, did all the fan relays use four position connectors? The 89 EVTM is confusing me.

Is the 89 cooling fan relay different from the 93 cooling fan relay?
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 01-02-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X