No announcement yet.

Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a distributor from a Ford Capri XR2 fit our B3?

Comment

• It's a b6d head. And people put b3 distributors on those heads, so why not Capri onto b3

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• What is the Google AdSense Spider doing on our server tonight?

Comment

• Does anyone know how to customize a horn button?
          How would one go about inserting a Festiva logo inside?

Comment

• Does anyone know if it is possible to replace failing wiper pivot grease cups with ones other models? I would like to know if I could buy the plastic cups alone from PHWL Autoparts.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 01-30-2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Wondering if the "question of the day" thread defeats the purpose of the search function. Doesn't the search look at subject lines? I don't mind seeing individual threads for all these questions if it helps find info. in the future. ?????
              Last edited by WmWatt; 01-30-2016, 08:30 PM.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

• I wonder if these Pro-bolts will make my Festiva go any faster?
                They are the only sexy wide flange valve cover bolts I could find.
                Which ones should I buy? The sexy gold ones or the clear anodized ones?
                Hmmm.
                Anything is better than the ugly rusty ones.
                How about hteir aluminum hose separator brackets?
                Titanium nuts?
                I will definitely pass on their spiked head bolts.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 01-01-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• They even have the nuts in the same colors.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Would a Mazda MX-5 rad cap fit our Festiva rads?

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                      Would a Mazda MX-5 rad cap fit our Festiva rads?
                      I think i got a 2006 miata cap 16psi and it fits. Might have been 04 or 05 though, ill have to check.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• There's only a handful of rad cap styles, most JDM derived vehicles use the same type.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• What is the tab in on this rad cap for? Just another way to release pressure?

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                            What is the tab in on this rad cap for? Just another way to release pressure?
                            To safely release pressure into the overflow rather than onto your hands

Comment

• Yes it will release most of the pressure without having to turn the cap by hand, keeps you from getting a face full of hot coolant. I would recommend using a heavy glove or something because they will still release some hot liquid around the edge of the cap when you pull the tab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stinsin63 View Post
                                Yes it will release most of the pressure without having to turn the cap by hand, keeps you from getting a face full of hot coolant. I would recommend using a heavy glove or something because they will still release some hot liquid around the edge of the cap when you pull the tab.
                                I always wait 20 seconds or so after shutting the vehicle off and slowly crack the lever open, never had anything leak past. But ive never had cooling issues, so it could easily happen.

Last edited by ryanprins13; 03-06-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X