No announcement yet.

Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season's Greetings. I looked but couldn't find a picture of a B3 cylinder head upside down. Does anyone have one that they could post? I want to index my plugs and need to see where all of the intake valves are located in relation to the plugs. Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Thanks. It's just as I suspected. Different directions depending on centerline. One and two point a little to the left. Three and four point a little to the right.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 12-17-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Or, add a cup of sugar to the gas tank.
        You gotta like this. Despite civilian sugar rations being what they were in occupied Holland in 44-45 it still enabled my teenaged dad to follow Underground instructions and tilt a cup or two into untended Jerry staff car or truck gas tanks once in awhile. As he said (even to this day) the results are insidious, and slow, but by God they're effective.
        A vindictive saboteur in Chilliwack BC was really crafty and embedded a ball bearing in wax in the oil filler cap of the intended victim's car. Ball fell free at Trans Canada Highway speed in the warmed up car and entirely destroyed the engine before the guy could turn the motor off. I actually saw this engine (plus heard the theory about what happened to it) 35 years ago and the upper end of the motor looked like it had been worked over by an angry man with a ball pein hammer. No evidence was ever found and no one was ever charged.

Comment

• New year. New question. How do you remove the windshield wipers?
          Do you have to spin them upside down first to release them?

I know there is a small notch in the steel on the bottom. Do you have to push a screwdriver blade into the notch?

I want to give it one more try before I drive it in to a Ford dealership to change them. I bought some new genuine Ford Festiva wiper blades.

Comment

• Tip them 45 degrees from 'normal' and press the little tab. The whole thing slides down towards the base of the arm, then you'll see how to put the new one on as it comes off.
            -Zack
            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• I still can't figure out how to remove the wiper blades. It doesn't allow for a 45 degree tip. The original Ford Festiva wiper blades that I bought on the bay have pivot pins on them. Does that mean that I need to buy a set of blade connectors in order to put them on the J-hook wiper arms?
              Last edited by bravekozak; 01-18-2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• I'm wondering if your blades have a locking mechanism on them. You would have to release that first, then depress the notch. As for the pivot pin style, often the brand-name new blades come with different attachments to adapt to your setup. Also, you might try just taking them to a McParts place that offers free wiper installation, since they will be experienced with a lot of different setups.
                Last edited by TominMO; 01-19-2014, 07:50 AM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  I still can't figure out how to remove the wiper blades. It doesn't allow for a 45 degree tip. The original Ford Festiva wiper blades that I bought on the bay have pivot pins on them. Does that mean that I need to buy a set of blade connectors in order to put them on the J-hook wiper arms?
                  Wait wait.
                  You can re-wire your entire car, add twin carbs, add all this awesome stuff..

..but can't change wiper blades?

I had trouble the first time I did it. There's a little tab you hafta press, then just pull down (with the wiper arm in the straight-up position, as if cleaning windshield). I actually broke the plastic piece first time I did it, but it's attached to metal (the important part).. so eh. Didn't need the plastic wiper part.

-Joe
                  White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                  White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                  1988 LX 5-speed
                  ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• I've pushed and pulled just about every different direction. I am seriously considering just bolting on a set of Sentra wiper arms. Thanks.

Today's question:
                    Can I change my Aspire brake dust covers without having to remove any bearings or calipers?

Comment

• Wow... Did you paint those? Beautiful paint job.

Don't they go in the steering knuckle behind the hub? If so I don't see
                      how you can put them on without removing the hub and of course the calipers would have to come off.
                      Last edited by 1990new; 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Not me, Spectrum Powdercoaters. It looks like they slide on from the front. Yes, I have to remove the caliper to get the rotor off.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-20-2014, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Brave, I'm sure they go behind the hub, so you have to remove the hub/bearing assembly. I've seen a couple of them removed with out removing the hub assembly, they had to be cut to clear the hub. Kinda rendered them useless for the original purpose.
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Did Aspires come with wheel studs? If so, then how come I don't have them on my Aspire swap? Are the rear wheel studs the same as the front wheel studs?
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 01-25-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Someone mustve bought studs for it. Mine has those wheel bolts, the bolts themselves are a bit longer than the Festiva is all I know.
                              Last edited by defprun; 01-25-2014, 02:06 PM.
                              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Working...
                              X