No announcement yet.

HELP ASAP PLEASE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw in your photo last night that you have a FUSIBLE LINK on the left side missing- don't know what exactly that goes to offhand, but you might try making a connection there-

they are the RED WIRES next to the battery on the side of the engine compartment beneath the strut top- there's three of them and you're missing the left one

there may be connectors down in the terminal and the wire gone, or you may have to buy connectors and make one of your own with similar guage wire as the others-

someone here suggested PAL fuses to replace the fusible links-

haven't done that yet myself- but had fusible links loose and NO START-

check that left fusible link under the hood

in fact- check all three and clean the connectors
    Last edited by harpon; 09-03-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Do you have pics of the sender , the fuel hose routing that you have now?
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

Try to disconnect the electric fuel pump with no success would not run. It need it as the block or head or something does not have the hole in it or something because it was an efi motor that's what the machanic said

Comment

Bet it doesn't have a lobe on the cam for the fuel pump like an aspire engine. Might be easier to get the right cam if that is the case. Either that or buy a new electric fuel pump. Sounds like yours may be burnt up.

Comment

You still have the mechanical pump blocking everything? Go back to post 26 .
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Pedropete91 View Post
                      Ever since I got this car I've had nothing but trouble thought they were meant to be cheap reliable cars guess not
                      Very difficult to fault a 'cheap reliable car' when it's 25 years old and has been jury-rigged regarding fuel delivery system. What else in/on the car has been monkeyed with by cheaters?

Comment

I still have my doubts it was EFI before- the ENGINE maybe? Has that been changed?
                        - all the other stuff looks so very original carb setup.

in that case maybe the cam explanation-

can you bypass the electrical pump and test the mechanical one independently?

the fuel filter you show is typical CARB filter- not EFI too
                        that verticle silver tube connected to the rubber hose- with typical original Ford clamp- a carb thing- not EFI

I think that fussy-ble link missing is the PTC- right? near as I can read- CARBURETOR heating system if I recall correctly-

have you tried connecting that?
                        Last edited by harpon; 09-07-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Yes they Changed to an efi motor and put my carby on it. Yes I have tryed testing the mech fuel pump it doesn't feed the petrol through tryed replacing it with no success still. No I haven't I don't know what it connects to. Don't think I will bother about connecting it as the car ran perfect when I brought it

Any more help would be great thanks people.

Maybe my in tank fuel pump in abit clogged causing the electric fuel pump to work to hard

Comment

That's what he said it doesn't have to lobe in the cam for the fuel pump. So you reckon get a cam with the lobe in it? I've brought a new electric fuel pump but did the same also just got to hot even changed the mech fuel pump. Man I'm over this car it's just so good on petrol I don't want to get rid of it okay I'll look at post 26. BERT what do you mean??

Comment

Working...
                            X