Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While replacing the alternator with an Aspire one, it wont crank when turning key...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
    ^ Dragon,Mazda used the VAF micro switch for this safety feature.
    This is true, but he has already swapped in a known good VAF. Injector pulse signal is triggered by the distributor.
    No car too fast !

Comment

nitrofarm, I see your point. Will the fuel pump run any way with key on and holding the VAF flap open even if the dist. module is bad?
      No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
        nitrofarm, I see your point. Will the fuel pump run any way with key on and holding the VAF flap open even if the dist. module is bad?
        Yes,if you hold it open and the switch is good.
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

It would have fuel pressure but no injection with a dead disty.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

And jumping the plug under the hood doesn't kick the pump on.
            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
            2005 Accord - wife's DD
            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
              Okay. Beautiful Valentines Day in OK. Fuel pump isn't working, tried swapping relay, jumped the wire near M/C, swapped the filter box top, checked the inertia switch. Not sure how to check power at pump connection. Just turn key on?
              LARRY there its is... You told us you still have no power to the pump when you you did the Fuel Pump Test. SO that means,either you did the test with the Key OFF[U] which is would be silly .
              OR A- you aren't getting power through your fuse-able link- Or B- the MAIN RELAY is Junk. . Done problem solved....
              So to recap Jump the Fuel Pump test connector WITH KEY ON. If No fuel pressure...
              A- you aren't getting power through the fuse-able link- Or B- the MAIN RELAY is Junk
              That clicking you heard intermittently might be your main relay.
              Good Luck, Gods speed. I'm gonna go drink some Beer if its okay with you all. TGIF :fofd:

Comment

Ive swapped the fuel pump relay as well as all the cartridge fuses.
                1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                2005 Accord - wife's DD
                2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I didnt say the FP Relay and just because you put a fuse in something doesn't mean the connection are good.

Comment

Main Relay powers the fuel pump relay

Comment

^ Thank You-

Comment

Hey Nitro, just repeating what you said but with multiple relays it gets confusing.

Comment

Wherr is the main relay? Next to the fp relay? (I think I've swapped all 3 relays I found down there)
                          2005 Accord - wife's DD
                          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

The fuel pump relay is to the left of your clutch foot, the Main relay is behind the battery and there are 3 relays there.

Comment

Ive swapped those out. So it's almost got to be a wiring issue.
                              2005 Accord - wife's DD
                              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Larry your car FAILED the Fuel Pump Test but it bench tested good. So with that info I simple followed the circuit. Now remember just because you hear the relay clicking. It still may be the other side of that relay has a degraded connection. A relay has two complete separate circuits. One that you are controlling with your key. And the other circuit going to the pump or other component. From the simple FACT that it failed the fuel pump test we know where to look for your problem. A Test Light with a good ground would be your best friend right now. If you need help on which wires to poke just ask. But I would def start right at that fuse cartridge. The Cartridge could be good but you might have a bad connection inside that plastic block. Use your Test Light on the 3 areas that I called out in that previous post and you WILL find a problem. Good Luck !

Comment

Working...
                                X