No announcement yet.

B3 multipoint dies when idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for my english.... anyways, i geuss we found the problem.... now for the drop in the engine....

Comment

We would like to know what the problem was?

Comment

Ignition switch at the key, will be replacing when I find a second hand one..... The part you see on the video with the soldered connections

Comment

Originally posted by Ron 101 View Post
          Ignition switch at the key, will be replacing when I find a second hand one..... The part you see on the video with the soldered connections
          Ok, so what was your jumper wire connected to inside the car?
          I watched the video but assumed you had it connected to the proper connection on the ignition switch.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Check your compression and timing. The engine should start after the first or second cycle.

Be sure to reward your helper. I think ice cream is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker View Post
              Check your compression and timing. The engine should start after the first or second cycle.

Be sure to reward your helper. I think ice cream is in order.
              I actually had him read your comment and he demanded his icecream... little shit gets free housing and food, but Hey... thanks for that!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                Ok, so what was your jumper wire connected to inside the car?
                I watched the video but assumed you had it connected to the proper connection on the ignition switch.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                Just bypassed the thin wire from the starter motor....to the ignition switch

Comment

Small update:
                  Comp test was all good, well within operating range. Sparkplugs looked good.
                  Iacv (Idle air control valve) out and cleaned, works perfect.
                  Mass wire contacts cleaned.
                  I actually found a huge air leak on the rubber ribbed hose, fixed it.
                  Still same issues.
                  I found this video on yt , car does exactly the Same as mine, problem was a bad +wire to the battery according to the Guy and his problem was fixed.... lol https://youtu.be/WHA5Cs2UMSk
                  And after all of this, I still need to replace the axles...

Comment

Unfortunatly I will be parting out the car.... without finding the issue. I (well someone) lost the ignition key. Dumbass!
                    More time to put into the wagon. I might do a build thread on it....

Comment

Working...
                    X