No announcement yet.

I bought a Church!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl, maybe we'll just start referring to you as "the Bishop".
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

If I'm ever in the area I will defiantly try to make my way here, its an amazing find!! I like your idea with the deck to drive up on instead of a lift.
      91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
      Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
      Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

I might donate my engine hoist to the cause. Its just too big for my little one car garage. Its well built (not by me) I have lifted a ford explorer with it....
        Fast....Women are fast
        Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind thoughts guys. I'll have some more pictures near the end of the weekend or Monday at the latest. Got some large shelves (5 X 2 feet and six feet tall) put on wheels and did some more cleaning and organizing. Organization is my weak area.

Oh, put out a little mouse today too. So far I've evicted a little bat and a little mouse. Not very big of me, I know!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

What about hosting Ohiostiva there?
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Totally up to Karl but I'm not sure he's ready for that just yet, the revival center is nice, but it needs a thing or two to be able to go #1 or #2. (or 3 but we won't talk about going 3, .....or #4, please don't go #4 on the property.)

Where'd you drop that mouse off Karl? They're like cats they always find their way back home, sometimes they bring friends :/
              Last edited by zoom zoom; 09-27-2013, 04:04 PM.
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

......aaaaand John has "accidentally" gotten Himself transferred to Ohio, just as this church becomes available.....

COINCIDENCE?!?!?!?!
                Last edited by TominMO; 09-27-2013, 04:17 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

LOCK THE DOORS, I REPEAT

LOCK. THE. DOORS.
                  White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                  White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                  1988 LX 5-speed
                  ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                    LOCK THE DOORS, I REPEAT

LOCK. THE. DOORS.
                    I'll be back.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Let's do it. I can do a #5 but only once.
                      -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
                        If I'm ever in the area I will defiantly try to make my way here, its an amazing find!! I like your idea with the deck to drive up on instead of a lift.
                        Don't defy Karl!!
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

LOCK THE DOORS, I REPEAT

LOCK. THE. DOORS.
                          LOCK THE DOORS, I REPEAT

LOCK. THE. DOORS.
                          Haha, did you read my previous post about the powers of John himself not being able to blow the house down? I think John did, said "challenge accepted" Barney Stinson style and talked to his boss about a relocation!

Karl has done/is doing a wonderful job of securing the facility. It's the kind of place you don't want to break into because you'll have just as much or more trouble breaking back out if the tripwires don't get you first! It's the kind of place you would want to be in in the event of a zombie apocalypse, tornado, tsunami, earthquake, or on the day your baby momma finds out you lost your job and the weeks child support didn't go through. :0 lol... He could totally contract the building out to area 51 as a secure storage facility when their security measures are compromised.
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

John asked, "What about hosting Ohiostiva there?"

Maybe someday, but not anytime soon. The "facilities" are somewhat limited, to say the least. Cleanup is not finished yet, and will involve going up into the rafters/attic and getting rid of all the blown in insulation combined with coon and bat poo, and whatever else has settled into the mess. I have an idea for limiting the dust and debris, but have yet to try it.

I haven't even started my "sink" yet. I have the utility sink and an idea, but no construction has begun.

It's just slow going, that's all. I got all winter to clean the insides. Now I need to get that roof patched to eliminate the worst leaks. Not condensate mind you, but holes in the roof and metal panel seams.

Karl

Comment

Better watch out Karl. John will turn this into his Zulu ministry headquarters!!
                              Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
                              1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
                              2004 Mazda 3
                              -----------
                              5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Pat said, "Better watch out Karl. John will turn this into his Zulu ministry headquarters!!"

Ha! He is welcome to make it his temporary HQ while he is there.

Latest pics are here.

When I was in Friday, I found this walking stick just inside the door:

During the morning, I kept hearing noises from the pulpit area. It sounded like a coon or something mid-size. Turned out it was this little guy:

Church mice aren't that quiet, especially when they're trying to jump out of a plastic container! A closeup:

I let him go outside after he crawled into a piece of conduit. I left it in the grass and eventually he left.

I finished putting the large shelves together and made a rolling base for them:

Here it is with stuff on it. Check out the Festiva parts I've moved to my new space!:

One final pic:

I need to organize better and that last original desk-like piece will be put on wheels too.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                                X