• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pu241
    replied
    Karl,

Didn't you buy that years ago?
    Do you need for me to cast out the evil spirits from it?

Leave a comment:

• Safety Guy
    replied
    Thank you Sock!

Yeah, I'm a bit late. I know!

Karl

Leave a comment:

• Flw Sock
    replied
    Bumping this to help improve a fellow Karl's future "Church of Festiva"

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    You only need a little motivation. They are yellow, about two feet long and come with a pair of electrodes on the tip.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-03-2018, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Safety Guy
    replied
    Hi Ryan. I'm a lazy bum.

Does that answer your question?

Or maybe, "I'm still working on myself, to undo my lazy bumminity."

I have read some good books lately though.

And I do check this site once a week or so.

Karl

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    I was looking for your build thread and saw this. Hows the revival center doing?

Leave a comment:

• Safety Guy
    replied
    Ha! I'll let ya know Dave!

Karl

Leave a comment:

• SuperDaveGulvak
    replied
    Bump Did the parts from the Bob's run make it to the revival center? I got a really good respirator and roofing experience and will work for bones lol

Leave a comment:

• zoom zoom
    replied
    I got half a 55 gallon drum to donate to the cause if you decide to do something like that lol..

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    Here's one of the originals http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/w...#axzz2wzurCi3d
    There's a lot more out there - some google-fu will turn them up. Some are stupid simple like a controlled drip into an old brake drum, others use siphon nozzles and pre-heaters and whatnot.
    Also check out YouTube you can see a lot of different designs in action

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
    Save the duct work if it's salvageable and set up a Waste Oil furnace... oil changes = 'free' heat

There's many types of WO furnaces. A simple drip type with a small forced draft would work really, really well with the space you have
    Got a link to any plans for the drip type? Been thinking of one...

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    Save the duct work if it's salvageable and set up a Waste Oil furnace... oil changes = 'free' heat

There's many types of WO furnaces. A simple drip type with a small forced draft would work really, really well with the space you have

Leave a comment:

• jawbraeka
    replied
    I'll keep an eye out for local electric motors if you like.

Sent from the depths of hell.

Leave a comment:

• Safety Guy
    replied
    Ahh, all great ideas, but not really fitting the idea right now. My solar heater will only be heating a small office area. Maybe 8' x 20' at the most, which will be enough, supplemented by a plug in electric heater.

As for the nasty stuff in the attic, it may be very nasty, requiring a full face mask and very small particulate filtering capabilities. I'm going to ask my doctor in early April about this task. Histoplasmosis is nothing to play with!

The old funace room is just that: the 8' x 8' or so add on in the back; the furnace long gone. All that's left is the duct work, which I need to tear out. The building is 30' x 45' with ten foot walls and a large attic area, which is too much to heat for me. Right now it's just a warehouse, which is good enough.

Big plans will take some time, but I hope to get my garage door opening done by fall. I'll be making the doors myself. They'll be the sliding barn type, both inside and outside. I'll probably do one side before cutting into the wall.

First step is just sealing up the place from bats and mice!

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll post more pics soon.

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-23-2014, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jawbraeka
    replied
    Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    Not going to give you enough heat during the winters here need more efficient design, thinking vacuum tube concentrators and a chain of recycled 50 -100gallon water heaters for storage.

Solar and wind could be used for off grid living depending on location, but power companies make it hard for anything less than a 3-5 KWhr system to get a check from them.
    Ahhhh well at least I'm thinking about it.

That really sucks that low generators of power don't even get a look in. You would think the power companies would have incentive schemes to get smaller places to sign up. Ahhhh well.

I hear that 1Kw electric motors can be had pretty cheap and can be used to feed back into the grid.. Find 3 2Kw and you could be eligible..

Are you living there or is it just a church separate from your house?

Sent from the depths of hell.
    Last edited by jawbraeka; 03-23-2014, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X