I bought a Church!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so cool!
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I hope there's an old church hidden on my next property I buy!

Is there a cemetary near by?

Sent from the trash can.
      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

well uncle karl i must say that this is a pretty danged ol good find. i say we should have a work meet there to help button things up for you abit. watcha think?
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Karl, your going to actually be able to put yur car in your garage in Columbus at that rate!

Could I park my tiny house at your facility?
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Wow, you are coming along quickly!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Hallelujah, its divine intervention. Do you get to keep a tax exempt status ? Awesome snag Karl !!
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Yeah, make it a Rastafarian church if you're gonna go for tax exempt status!
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  Yeah, make it a Pastafarian church if you're gonna go for tax exempt status!
                  There, fixed it for ya
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Anyone can stretch and boil pasta. Bbq! If you can learn it on youtube thats not authentic cookin. 75% of my desire to roadtrip is to eat regional.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                      Anyone can stretch and boil pasta. Bbq! If you can learn it on youtube thats not authentic cookin. 75% of my desire to roadtrip is to eat regional.
                      The FSM keep you safe in his noodley appendages, my child, remember, he boiled for your sins!
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                        John asked, "What about hosting Ohiostiva there?"

Maybe someday, but not anytime soon. The "facilities" are somewhat limited, to say the least. Cleanup is not finished yet, and will involve going up into the rafters/attic and getting rid of all the blown in insulation combined with coon and bat poo, and whatever else has settled into the mess. I have an idea for limiting the dust and debris, but have yet to try it.

I haven't even started my "sink" yet. I have the utility sink and an idea, but no construction has begun.

It's just slow going, that's all. I got all winter to clean the insides. Now I need to get that roof patched to eliminate the worst leaks. Not condensate mind you, but holes in the roof and metal panel seams.

Karl
                        If you host Ohiostiva there, you could get everyone to get all that divine work DONE! ....I'm just sayin'
                        Last edited by drddan; 10-03-2013, 01:35 AM.
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                          The FSM keep you safe in his noodley appendages, my child, remember, he boiled for your sins!

Ramen
                          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

This past weekend I finally got up on the roof. Here's the peak, looking towards the road:

I was sitting on the back of the roof from the road. I turned around and took this picture of the worst leak area:

That's where the broken rafter and purlin is underneath. I'll be fixing that and then redo the patch. This is the source of all the water that ruined the floor in the back at the rear side door.

Here I'm standing on the roof of the furnace room looking back up the draw behind the church.

As the leaves fall, you can see a lot farther into the woods. This is a view from the side door area.

And here is my favorite picture of AquaMutt I've taken so far. The lighting and the background are very "cathedral" like!

More in a moment.

Karl
                            Last edited by Safety Guy; 10-30-2013, 09:32 AM.
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

One more of the back of the church from the woods. It's very quiet and peaceful there.

Monday I went back up and was going to do more painting and other work on the front door. Unfortunately, there were asian ladybugs. Dozens at first and then hundreds. All flying onto my church, especially the front door area!

Some on the doorway:

The doorway later:

And inside, just before I quit early and left! If I had tried to work, they would've been all over ME. And getting squashed and then sticking to the wet paint and caulk! Yuck.

Karl
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Weird...wonder why they were so attracted to the church!
                                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                                Random Festiva Parts
                                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X