Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Guy
    replied
    This past weekend I finally got up on the roof. Here's the peak, looking towards the road:

I was sitting on the back of the roof from the road. I turned around and took this picture of the worst leak area:

That's where the broken rafter and purlin is underneath. I'll be fixing that and then redo the patch. This is the source of all the water that ruined the floor in the back at the rear side door.

Here I'm standing on the roof of the furnace room looking back up the draw behind the church.

As the leaves fall, you can see a lot farther into the woods. This is a view from the side door area.

And here is my favorite picture of AquaMutt I've taken so far. The lighting and the background are very "cathedral" like!

More in a moment.

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 10-30-2013, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zanzer
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    The FSM keep you safe in his noodley appendages, my child, remember, he boiled for your sins!

Ramen

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
    John asked, "What about hosting Ohiostiva there?"

Maybe someday, but not anytime soon. The "facilities" are somewhat limited, to say the least. Cleanup is not finished yet, and will involve going up into the rafters/attic and getting rid of all the blown in insulation combined with coon and bat poo, and whatever else has settled into the mess. I have an idea for limiting the dust and debris, but have yet to try it.

I haven't even started my "sink" yet. I have the utility sink and an idea, but no construction has begun.

It's just slow going, that's all. I got all winter to clean the insides. Now I need to get that roof patched to eliminate the worst leaks. Not condensate mind you, but holes in the roof and metal panel seams.

Karl
    If you host Ohiostiva there, you could get everyone to get all that divine work DONE! ....I'm just sayin'
    Last edited by drddan; 10-03-2013, 01:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    Anyone can stretch and boil pasta. Bbq! If you can learn it on youtube thats not authentic cookin. 75% of my desire to roadtrip is to eat regional.
    The FSM keep you safe in his noodley appendages, my child, remember, he boiled for your sins!

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Anyone can stretch and boil pasta. Bbq! If you can learn it on youtube thats not authentic cookin. 75% of my desire to roadtrip is to eat regional.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    Yeah, make it a Pastafarian church if you're gonna go for tax exempt status!
    There, fixed it for ya

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    Yeah, make it a Rastafarian church if you're gonna go for tax exempt status!

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Hallelujah, its divine intervention. Do you get to keep a tax exempt status ? Awesome snag Karl !!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Wow, you are coming along quickly!

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Karl, your going to actually be able to put yur car in your garage in Columbus at that rate!

Could I park my tiny house at your facility?

Leave a comment:

• bobbyspider
    replied
    well uncle karl i must say that this is a pretty danged ol good find. i say we should have a work meet there to help button things up for you abit. watcha think?

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    I hope there's an old church hidden on my next property I buy!

Is there a cemetary near by?

Sent from the trash can.

Leave a comment:

• TominMO
    replied
    This is so cool!

Leave a comment:

• Safety Guy
    replied
    Pat said, "Better watch out Karl. John will turn this into his Zulu ministry headquarters!!"

Ha! He is welcome to make it his temporary HQ while he is there.

Latest pics are here.

When I was in Friday, I found this walking stick just inside the door:

During the morning, I kept hearing noises from the pulpit area. It sounded like a coon or something mid-size. Turned out it was this little guy:

Church mice aren't that quiet, especially when they're trying to jump out of a plastic container! A closeup:

I let him go outside after he crawled into a piece of conduit. I left it in the grass and eventually he left.

I finished putting the large shelves together and made a rolling base for them:

Here it is with stuff on it. Check out the Festiva parts I've moved to my new space!:

One final pic:

I need to organize better and that last original desk-like piece will be put on wheels too.

Karl

Leave a comment:

• Stivadiva
    replied
    Better watch out Karl. John will turn this into his Zulu ministry headquarters!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X