FM4 -Raleigh N.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smedley View Post

Festivaholics are great people - may they never be cured!
    That is a sig waiting to happen!

I'm not cured after 19 years!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Motoxpress View Post
      ...Only 364 days till the next one so everyone start planning and preparing for it. I would love to see 100 Festivas at Madness V.
      I want to thank everyone who attended it was a blast meet new folks and seeing old friends. COME ON MADNESS V!
      Started some preliminary planning, or a feasablity study I guess, a few weeks ago! We're hoping to make a family holiday of it, taking our time to get there and heading back in a hurry. Five of us in the Festiva should be lots of fun!
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Just got home a couple of hours ago. What a fun Festiva meet! I had a blast -- wonderful people and great cars. The Madness Committee did an excellent job of putting this together. Thanks to every one of them and especially Barb for opening her home and making us all feel welcome. Can't wait until Festiva Madness V!!
        Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
        1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
        2004 Mazda 3
        -----------
        5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Made it home about an hour ago. Truck had no problems even cut about a hour off google map time.

Had a great time just wish we had spent more time there instead of messing with the truck. We've learned our lesson the fastiva will be driven down next year.
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• ok the money has been counted and we raised 325.00 for the american heart association . Thanks to every one who made this possible . This will be donate in honor of Dean Allen . Again thank you to all
            angie

CONTACT FOR 4TH STIVA:July 2 2011.TURKEY STIVA
            91-auto gl :::Ol Glory

Comment

• We left last night made it home ok. Thanks to all and every one that helped us work on our rides. My wife will be joining the site as rainbow faery legion eventually. the custom festivas turned her on to them. Now she wants one!!!!! Had a blast at meet and after party...

Comment

• We just got home. We had a blast. Maybe next time I'll actually have something worth popping my hood for besides problems.

We are uploading the pics tonight and should be up tomorrow.

Comment

• great meet

Just got in awhile ago, had a great time. I brought my grandson with me, he will be 14 in Dec. and he had such a good time he talked all the way home about fixing up a 90 L I got recently for him to drive. He's hooked lol. Thanks to Barb and all the committee for the hard work and dedication. Just a few pics here. Will put some of the convoy from FL.

Comment

• Originally posted by yelo festiva View Post
                    Just got in awhile ago, had a great time. I brought my grandson with me, he will be 14 in Dec. and he had such a good time he talked all the way home about fixing up a 90 L I got recently for him to drive. He's hooked lol. Thanks to Barb and all the committee for the hard work and dedication. Just a few pics here. Will put some of the convoy from FL.
                    would that grandson be the 13 year old who was over there asking me a million questions while i tore the car apart?
                    seemed like a good kid and he gave us a hand with some of the small stuff right up till he dumped all the sockets out hehehe

Comment

• FL. convoy pics

Our trip up I-95 on Fri. Smile Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneManWolf View Post
                        would that grandson be the 13 year old who was over there asking me a million questions while i tore the car apart?
                        seemed like a good kid and he gave us a hand with some of the small stuff right up till he dumped all the sockets out hehehe
                        Yup that would be him. I figure he'll be able to make FM-VI in his own festy, can't wait

Comment

• Skeeter checking in - made it home safe and sound, great time!!!

And now my 'new' cars 'new' engine has about 500 miles on it... it done good. Thanks to all who made the meet possible!
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

• just made it home. suprizingly not a min of trouble either way. we did fight the winds really bad coming home thru the mointains, but nothing the b6 couldnt handle. for being my first meet, i felt like i knew everyone for years. thanks so much to everyone that made it possible for this meet. we have already marked it on our calender for next year, if everything goes right we will be driving separate. ya'll turned a sceptic into a beliver. the entire 700+ mile trip home we discussed opions for my wife to get her own festiva and what i have to change and customize. thanks again everyone.
                            Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                            93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                            91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                            93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                            15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                            88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
                              just made it home. suprizingly not a min of trouble either way. we did fight the winds really bad coming home thru the mointains, but nothing the b6 couldnt handle. for being my first meet, i felt like i knew everyone for years. thanks so much to everyone that made it possible for this meet. we have already marked it on our calender for next year, if everything goes right we will be driving separate. ya'll turned a sceptic into a beliver. the entire 700+ mile trip home we discussed opions for my wife to get her own festiva and what i have to change and customize. thanks again everyone.
                              Awesome!! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves at the meet! Hopefully we can turn out that thing you told me about in Nasheville!! And hey... tell the wife I said "BED BUGS SUCK YOUR BLOOD WHILE YOU SLEEP!!!" LOL She'll understand the message.... LOL
                              www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                              www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                              Snoopy's
                              4621 Atlantic Ave
                              Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

• I had an interesting day! I was going to get up and head towards Barb's place when I checked in and found out that we had a problem for Dustin (driverone? don't knw sn) and his wife, Jamie (sp?)....

They camped out at a national park and lost their car keys while gathering wood. So he, wifey and bebandit looked for them all morning. No luck. They called a locksmith figuring they might accidentally locked them in the trunk. Nope... not there. So they waited for me to arrive with the metal detector before moving onto the next step. NO luck with it either.

Next step, they called another locksmith who attempted to make a key for their '02 Saturn. The guy cut 6 keys and not a single code he had worked. So I called Jiminy cricket and he brought over my car and towdolly from barb's....

BUT the Saturn's front bumper was too low for it to roll onto the dolly. (thus a marred up front bumper and hunk'n'chunk taken out one side). So a tow truck was called.

Tow truck arrived and drove off with the car. Then the driver called to tell us the "now-locked-up" Saturn was in neutral and rolling at the dealership. So he scotched the tires and told us to get up there ASAP and put it in gear.

This total event lasted about 8+ hours today. LOL

All in all though, it was fun just hanging out and getting to know some new friends!
                                Last edited by Britstiva; 10-03-2010, 10:09 PM.
                                www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                                www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                                Snoopy's
                                4621 Atlantic Ave
                                Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Working...
                                X