G-series tranny swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a guy just emailed me these pics.

i know thats the flywheel i and i think thats the shift fork in this pic? do i need anything else relative to these parts that i might be missing?

and this is the shift linkage? is there a piece that this connects too that i need as well? or does this connect directly to the internals of the tranny?

Comment

thats the shifter linkage i have and i moched it up and im pretty sure theres no cutting involved mine is outta 93 protege

Comment

If you don't mind could you post pics and rough measurements of your mounts?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

He bought them from me

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Do you have the measurements?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxtiva View Post
              He bought them from me
              hopefully you get them soon haha.

Comment

I will try to get you some this weekend with some pics.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Thank you Max.

Comment

any luck with the festy trans?
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      any luck with the festy trans?
                      yeah man. its in and i put maybe 100 miles on it so far. im keeping my skinny tires on until i get my g-series though. i have the old one to bring down to you then.

the subframe bolts ripped out of the crossbeam in the front so i parked it until i can get that fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                        the subframe bolts ripped out of the crossbeam in the front so i parked it until i can get that fixed.
                        that sucks the big one!! easy fix though if you have a drill and can get some angle iron. there's a thread about it in here somewhere.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

that sucks the big one!! easy fix though if you have a drill and can get some angle iron. there's a thread about it in here somewhere.
                          yeah im just running a long bolt through and putting the nut above the beam.

my capri axles came

Comment

so what did you think of it

Comment

well seeing that the lower rad support was replaced by box tube from the PO, i think that'll hold up till the rest of the car falls apart around it. i WOULD though consider using windshield adhesive to fill in the front trans mount to limit engine rocking. and once you get the header fixed, wrap it and the downpipe for better spool.

i'll be hunting for a BP tomorrow at lutrels salvage w/ some friends from my shop.

Comment

well seeing that the lower rad support was replaced by box tube from the PO, i think that'll hold up till the rest of the car falls apart around it. i WOULD though consider using windshield adhesive to fill in the front trans mount to limit engine rocking. and once you get the header fixed, wrap it and the downpipe for better spool.

i'll be hunting for a BP tomorrow at lutrels salvage w/ some friends from my shop.
                                i looked the whole yard over and couldnt find a bp. i found one excort gt but it was stripped. good luck.

wouldnt filling the mount put more stress on this tranny?

what did you think of your ride?:p

Comment

Working...
                                X