No announcement yet.

G-series tranny swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not filling the mount puts more stress on the small strips of rubber they call a mount... fill it, the trans won't know and your firewall will thank you.

hit 3 yards today, counted 5 BPs.

i want another one!!!
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      not filling the mount puts more stress on the small strips of rubber they call a mount... fill it, the trans won't know and your firewall will thank you.

hit 3 yards today, counted 5 BPs.

i want another one!!!
      you found a bp at luttrells???? wtf where? i need the tranny mount

Comment

Ghost, I know of 2 bps if you need a mount. Just tell me which one and i'll look into it.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
          Ghost, I know of 2 bps if you need a mount. Just tell me which one and i'll look into it.
          well im hoping for one local so i dont have to pay for shipping again

Comment

no BPs at lutrelle's... saw them at B&Bs and Prices

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              no BPs at lutrelle's... saw them at B&Bs and Prices
              nice. i drive past b&b every day

Comment

^ they're 'spensive though... i would try Harry's or Eichelbergers first.

Comment

guess i should get started on this. destroyed the stock tranny today

Comment

oh great!!! lol well did you crack the case or gernade the spidergears?

Comment

Don't feel bad I shattered my G series on sunday.

Don't know yet but will post pics when I disassemble it.

My 1st festy trans cracked a case. Drove 70 miles home from the track.

2nd broke third gear. Drove it 1000 miles with no third. Even dyno'd it broken.

G- don't know yet.
                      Last edited by eurotiva; 05-05-2010, 08:08 PM.
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I dont think I wanna go fast enough in a festiva to break the "top dog" transmission.
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Unfortunately mazda didn't make the strongest transmissions in any flavor...
                          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

the case split open. till it hit the fram rail actually. all the fluid dumped out on the spot and somehow, the tranny got stuck in 2nd gear, even though i was pulling out in 1st lol. signed up for AAA so now i just gotta wait 7 days till i can tow it home ahhaha

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                              Don't feel bad I shattered my G series on sunday.

Don't know yet but will post pics when I disassemble it.

My 1st festy trans cracked a case. Drove 70 miles home from the track.

2nd broke third gear. Drove it 1000 miles with no third. Even dyno'd it broken.

G- don't know yet.
                              Oops. Slicks and dropping a grabby clutch will do it. Time to do a toyota trans swap.

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                                Oops. Slicks and dropping a grabby clutch will do it. Time to do a toyota trans swap.
                                do you think that would fit? from what im reading they are very big, especially with tha adapter plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X