G-series tranny swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
    Oops. Slicks and dropping a grabby clutch will do it. Time to do a toyota trans swap.
    I've been reading up on this. And it's tempting. I'm gonna break my 3 (already have them might as well use them) spare g series first tho.
    Last edited by eurotiva; 05-06-2010, 12:56 PM.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Gonna have to do a lot of cutting to make the Toyota box fit.
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

what about a 4efte starlet trans or a 4age or 4agze trans they are all about the same size or smaller than a g25mr
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

or even a 3sgte trans
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Comment

hmm, you look low on trans fluid, you might want to add a few quarts :wink:

Comment

I like that mod. That way you can see if you're low on fluid and check the condition of your syncro's.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Hmm, looks like you need to replace that broken shift cable boot. Everything else looks good though.

Comment

the starter bracket would have kept that together enough for you to limp home.... ask how i know.

BTW, i'd like the trans back then when you pull it ( i have a 4 spd case that's good)
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

JB weld

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

finally finished the shop. ripped the festy apart to go over a few things, expecially to address the rubbing issues with the new wheels.

and the tranny is on its way out

Comment

Sweet. youll be back to terrorizing in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                            Sweet. youll be back to terrorizing in no time!
                            i cant wait!

Comment

Comment

Looks better. I hope your turbo is unbolted.....That's a crazy angle.
                                -Greg
                                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09
                                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                                X