• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
    ^ mine or busts?
    Yours.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Just a little FYI I ran a friends intake/exhaust sn95 Mustang GT from a 20-60 roll, sat right beside hime the whole way. Just goofin around on a empty highway. Nothing serious, so don't start a streetracing flame war lol! And no he wasn't spinning lol.
      '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
        Yours.
        sorry but ive been collecting parts to boost my b6 after my bp is completely done and reliable. i just got my aspire mani and need my fuel pump and fmu to complete the collection. if i decide to go in a different direction ill pm you with first dibs.
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

• Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
          Possible, yes, but no real advantage other than a bump in compression as a result of the smaller chambers on the B3 head. Even then, the B3 has smaller ports & valves so any gains from compression would be offset by reduced airflow. I could see doing it if all you had was a B3 head. Basically, you would end up with a massively over-bored, high compression B3. It would probably have a pretty strong low to mid RPM torque curve but would run out of breath in the mid to high RPM range.
          What about Extrude honing & some good over size valves in that same B3 Head? That might be worthsomeones time & money. I just dont know much about the "Squish Area" on either of these heads.If the "Squish" gets altered to much you can really just be shootin yuour self in the foot.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Video evidence of said Mustang Gt run...in mexico of course lol :nono:

Turbo festiva vs sn95 gt. Festiva can only hit 5lbs of boost because of stock clutch not holding.
            '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

• FUN Stuff

Looks like fun.I miss cruising the strip in Jan. Cant do that up here in the midwest.Way to cold for that kinda fun.We used to live in Waco. Fri/Sat nights where nutz on Valley Drive. Tell your friend his Stang is to quiet !
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• What's keeping you guys from using a nice rising rate fpr. Or pursuing fuel management like iceracerdude does. Or even trying out e85 or methanol as a main fuel.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Here in Wichita Kansas I have access to 4 ethanol fill stations. With one offering e15, e30, e85, and I'm pretty sure a step in between. Oklahoma city has a methanol plant that sells it by the drum. Imagine turbo performance on anything with a meth main fuel. You could run the dickmeyer high compression piston and rod kit. Get some gorgeous cam grindfor a turbo car. A mls head gasket. And I'm sure a port and polish, and you could have infinite boost capabilities with methanol. I couldn't imagine having issues @ 15 psi and a 12 to 1 cr. One does not simply knock with methanol.

Comment

• Dickmeyer sells a really nice FPR that would work great for this.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• His is 1:1, though.
                      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• So the moral of the story is that you need a check valve only in place of the pcv valve. And with an aspire maf is it better to blow through or draw through

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
                          LOL that sounds like alot of work, I'm just gonna buy a performance clutch, hopefully the b3t will be less damaging than a bp or b6t, with the torque delivery being softer. Might upgrade to a larger turbo to make it a more laggy transition into boost. I have a theory that small turbos kill transmissions faster than larger turbos.
                          I plan on turboing my b3 but I also don't wan't to have a turbo that spools too quickly since i don't know when I can get around to a tranny/clutch swap. What turbo did you have in mind to make it have a slightly more laggy transition to boost? I'm thinking a bigger turbo would probably help me get up to freeway speeds easier and more smoothly.
                          I know how to use the search function, I just don't always choose to use it. New modifications, solutions, and information are discovered every day and I want to know what the current concensus is for whatever topic I have in mind. Thank you for understanding this!

Comment

• That is kind of a misnomer if you spool it to 12 psi and regulate the boost down for bad weather or economy that is just a hole in the system really the turbo still working the same, just without the heat from the power. I suggest buying for your power goals regardless, you said budget not me. Eurotivas b3 rear turbo spooled at 3800 in a recent thread. Up front should be close to that still. I've driven lots of turbo cars with some really getto boost controllers where is the power it instant. you learn to deal with it because that's when you get to deal it out anytime anywhere
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Also spooling up a turbo on an on ramp is not going to have the shock that a 1.8 liters clutch dump naturally aspirated. Turbo Power is usually smooth inherently anyway
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• bhearts...guys...this thread is almost 2 years old...just sayin.
                                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                                89L Silver EFI auto
                                91GL Green Auto DD
                                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                                until we close our eyes for good.
                                I will sleep when I die!
                                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                                X