No announcement yet.

My B3-T setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No! You have to use to festy flywheel. Explain how the Suzuki flywheel would bolt to the Mazda engine?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Wasn't sure if the flywheel has the same bolt pattern or not. Thought you might have tried the flywheel too.
      Last edited by jhntu; 12-18-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• My B3-T setup

Originally posted by jhntu View Post
        Wasn't sure if the flywheel has the same bolt pattern or not. Thought you might have tried the flywheel too.
        He says that the swift flywheel is 8 inches and the festy is 7.125. It would never fit.
        Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 12-18-2014, 10:34 PM.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
          He says that the swift flywheel is 8 inches and the festy is 7.125. It would never fit.
          Hence my misunderstanding with the grinding of the bellhousing.. All good.

Comment

• Probably have to grind the bell housing to fit the larger clutch.
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• ^Yes.

Machine Festy flywheel flat, do some other things that I can't remember to mate the swift clutch to it, then grind the bellhousing so the clutch PP doesn't hit it.

Or just buy a SPEC stage 2 and bolt it on and grind nothing. Mine was about $200 delivered from eBay. Still haven't gotten to start it up yet, though.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Gotta be careful with those harder clutches, they make it a lot easier to destroy the E trans.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

• True. I do have a couple extras, though I will be careful, and if need be fill mounts. I'll also have poly bushings on everything up front, so that should help.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Wow old thread lol this almost makes me wanna Turbo my spire ..... i wonder how long the f3a would hold before you need a 5 gallon bucket and a push broom to collect your transmission lmao rofl

Comment

• The F3a is stronger than the stock 5 speed by far.

Theres a few auto cars with swapped engines on here including mine and it holds up fine. I will hopefully be feeding mine 250+ hp this year.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                        The F3a is stronger than the stock 5 speed by far.

Theres a few auto cars with swapped engines on here including mine and it holds up fine. I will hopefully be feeding mine 250+ hp this year.
                        So does that mean me killing my f3a offroading and pulling stuff mean i would have destroyed a
                        5 speed a long time ago? Lol

Comment

• did he ever say what ratio FMU he was using?
                          Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

• Originally posted by dustinp View Post
                            So does that mean me killing my f3a offroading and pulling stuff mean i would have destroyed a
                            5 speed a long time ago? Lol
                            Most likely. The auto is a lot stronger but nothing is bullet proof. A trans cooler should be used any time you're pushing it hard.
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

• Well i guess when my new trans goes in that old trans cooler off of the old ford pick up
                              I had is finally going to find a new home lol i knew i needed one i just never installed one lol

Comment

• Turbo updates?

bumpup
                                Any updates? Im anxious to know what your squeezing out of that little sewing machine lol

Comment

Working...
                                X