Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a 200+ HP motor Festiva?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe, you mentioned using a Flowmaster muffler. From what we saw at my friend's dyno shop turbo cars made better HP with a straight through muffler like the Dynomax race magnum. They did not like the chambered design of the Flowmaster. On a twin turbo mustang it made like 32rwhp with just a change from Flowmaster to Dynomax race magnums. Just my 2 cents!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I have a Flowmaster 60-series muffler on my B6T Festiva. It's very quiet but also too restrictive for my car. It sounds awesome though.
      * Retired Festiva-er*
      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Thanks for feedback folks, I appreciate you idea's and criticism. I don't take offense to those who doubt me, its ok. I dont plan to make enemies here, I just want to demonstrate something new.
        She will crank around 10,000 RPM, don't know what kinda boost yet we will run, but soon we will.
        She is being built to last, my bottom end and rings will hold her power.
        A few well respected members will be allowed to view her, this way noone will ever think Im a liar.
        Lieing is not in my nature an neither is BS, I have a lot vested and alot on the line. We will produce a good car/engine. Please don't doubt me, instead encourage me. Eye of Ra will have power and will be unlike any other Festy in the world.
        If I achieve what we plan, don't hate me, instead whip on your note books and start taking notes on how we achieved it.
        Once she's broken in she will go see Techno, I want him to freak out on her and her power. Then we will share some things that helped me accomplish this power.

To answer folks questions she will run near 10000 RPM. Internal mods will be done to ensure longevity and ensure she runs cool. Boost will be decided soon, and exhaust will be I believe a 2 inch.

Be prepared to be awed soon guys.

Comment

Also why you folks think Im going with just a stock tranny, you must think Im crazy. We are aware stock tranny wont hold up, the stock tranny will be either upgraded or swap to an upgrade.
          Im not using a stock tranny guys, I would be sure to fail if I did. Thanks for addressing the issue, I am aware of it and will do something about it.
          No of you are dicks here, you are talented men who have achieved great things, I respect you all.......

Thanks you for input all.

Joe

Comment

i would hope to god that you go bigger than a 2" exhaust,for the mods that u have done a 3" would be minimum even a 3.5" would be better.only reason i say this is with a turbo exhaust, bigger is always better.
            2000 Festiva 1.3T 120hp
            MY BABY

Comment

Originally posted by NUGG3T
              i would hope to god that you go bigger than a 2" exhaust,for the mods that u have done a 3" would be minimum even a 3.5" would be better.only reason i say this is with a turbo exhaust, bigger is always better.
              ... if Ra is only planing on making a little over 200, an exhaust of 3+" is just overkill and won't net any gains. :roll:

I'm gonna chime in here again... now that it's been decided that Ra will be turbo, i suggest that you research the GP Cosworth 1.3 turbo motors. As stated before, they were making near, if not more than 1000 hp and not turning much higher than you plan on running Ra. if you can manage it, trash the stock head and swap on the 16v SOHC head for better low end port velocity and better flow at the top end. :idea:

Find a good used '04-'05 STi turbo, they're ball bearing centers, it'll help with spool up. As for the exhaust size, you'll need more than 2" but nothing larger than 2.5" for you power requirements. I hope to god you plan on installing piston squirters as they are necessary for your build if you want it to last. :arrow: Extrude hone EVERYTHING!!!! from the intake manifold to the down pipe flange. Have studs inserted into the block instead of head bolts. knife edge the crank and have a windage plate made. If you really want to go crazy, have a dry sump system installed, it'll probably be good for 20 HP. Use SS valves!!! NOT titanium as it's too soft and won't last. Have the entire bottom end cryo treated and the top end coated inside and out.

another $.02
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Don't worry, we got exhaust and turbo covered, we will have the desired power to power the turbo.
                Im waiting on him to finish sleeving the pistons, we hope to build her indestructible, and tolerance will be high.
                Im praying we get that motor in by May 15th, as it is Im missing a show the 6th of May and will eat the idea im "not placing." Kinda disappointed she aint done yet, but it will be worth it.

Comment

Re: Does anyone have a 200+ HP motor Festiva?

Originally posted by eye_of_ra93
                  I believe she will be the fastest in the world, she will only have a 1.3,
                  I will have the most outragous engine here, B6's and B3's are nice, but read up on things and discover what all can be done instead of a motor swap.
                  Read up on the port and polish, and speak with master techs and engineers.
                  I plan to set some FF.com and Festiva world records that cant be touched. :twisted:
                  Fastest Festiva and a poor foundation for a racing engine just shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, especially by someone that claims to have any significant engine building experience.

If you are serious, I would can your present advisors and find someone to help you build a rwd/turbo rotary Festiva. We have several Starlet ( small Festiva-esque sized car ) racers here in town which produce incredible performance at the dragstrip.

Bragging rights carry so little weight; always someone else out there who has more power and yet there's no guarantee you would be faster. And, "as if" it was all up to how much power you make. Not hardly.

Someone could have a 1000+hp nitrous V-8 in a Festiva ( hmmm ), yet a 600+ hp rotary in a lightweight rwd Festiva drag car may be all that's necessary to steal away bragging rights.

BTW, a turbo rotary is a tried and true combination and would be the only practical "1.3L" you should consider for setting speed records.
                  Rich Norman
                  5 Festivas:
                  1992 L - Daily Driver
                  1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                  1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                  1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                  1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

As with any sort of real engine build, look at what your working with. Develop a target and a goal. Don't stray from the intial plan otherwise you'll never finish. So far in all of your posts RA, you have changed your engine build specs multiple times. Now your building a EXTREMELY high revving engine. Next, will you plan on installing a gigantic red cape and a big yellow 'S' on it?
                    Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

Seems like we have a lot of hatred in our forums, folks seem to hate what they dont know.
                      You can hate all you want, you're just making fools of yourself. How have I changed my engine design?
                      My engine design was established and hasnt changed, you must be foolish for thinking I have a bad foundation. How dare you insult me, I have alot vested in my Festiva, more than you can ever dream of.

Soon instead of hating me you will hate the numbers I will produce, talk all the crap you want. This isn't the arena, instead of hating on me you should be scratching your head on how I shall accomplish what I set forth to do.

Instead of hating you should be working on your car. I have never hated here, I dont know why I get such criticism, I find it ridiculous, I guess you dont know how to achieve great things, or maybe dont know how, or dont believe its possible. Well I figure you must be foolish, and I will prove so when I produce my numbers.

I shall film everything for you, and to prove myself the car shall be taken to DJ, and then you can call us all liars when I produce numbers that will alarm you.

Im hurt that folks would hate on me and insult me like this, the only one who will be insulted is yourself when I prove you wrong.

My engine isnt complete yet, but she will be soon. Why would you hate on me, you think Im a fool?

Well I assure you I am no fool, I know every inch of my car inside and out, because I built her. Dont hate on me, I never hated on anyone.

SOON YOU WILL HATE THE NUMBERS I WILL PRODUCE

I cant stand uneducated tuners, who think they can just put in a cold intake and think they have a fast car. Man, this is no ordinary port/polish, I am going the extra mile to have a motor that will perform and will be durable.

Dont know where folks get off putting me down, but hey I hope youre taking notes on how my engine will be built, Im sure she will be worth alot of money, and so will her secrets be.

Sorry if your car wont produce the numbers mine will, get to work any try to put 2 and 2 together and stop hating on me for my success. I will suceed.

Comment

We can't and don't hate you for your success, you haven't succeded yet. We hate you because you have stretched this thread to 5 pages of BS about how great your engine will be and how your car will be the fastest. I still haven't seen diddly squat about your engine that makes me think you are doing anything but bragging. You give only vauge information, talk about an engine builder who somehow isn't mentioned on the internet anywhere, and continue to brag and brag.

How about you just let this thread die and save it for when your engine is actually done?
                        OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by eye_of_ra93
                          My engine design was established and hasnt changed, you must be foolish for thinking I have a bad foundation. How dare you insult me, I have alot vested in my Festiva, more than you can ever dream of.
                          Actually, I've seen plenty of guys like you that suffers from the injection of questionable advice from someone that stands to benefit ( insert ulterior motive here ).

I cannot be foolish for calling this a bad foundation for a someone trying to back the claim of fastest car on this forum. I know why. But I will keep it to myself and await your results. :lol:

Frankly, that's a tall shot, given the simple fact you really have no clue what others are up to. Including me :wink:

No one really "hates" you, it's anytime someone makes claims like this that they just bring on self-ridicule.
                          Rich Norman
                          5 Festivas:
                          1992 L - Daily Driver
                          1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                          1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                          1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                          1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

Originally posted by oxbrain
                            We can't and don't hate you for your success, you haven't succeded yet. We hate you because you have stretched this thread to 5 pages of BS about how great your engine will be and how your car will be the fastest. I still haven't seen diddly squat about your engine that makes me think you are doing anything but bragging. You give only vauge information, talk about an engine builder who somehow isn't mentioned on the internet anywhere, and continue to brag and brag.

How about you just let this thread die and save it for when your engine is actually done?

Brag, how have I bragged, folks have put me down and thats why this thread has gone this far!

Talk all the smack you want, Im tired of foolish people who think things cant be achieved. All you crap talkers are uneducated.

Well, soon my tech will be known to you and so will the Eye of Ra.

This thread was to inquire of those who had 200 HP+ cant you read?

This forum has haters who enjoy hating, they should look at themselves in the mirror and think about why they hate so.

I know who the haters are, and I am sorry you are that way.

I have stated in my post that I am doing things that are uncommon to the Festiva. You idiots who hate on me don't know whats being done.

You think that you are gods gift to man and the Festiva? And this forum.

Well Im sorry you are not.

You hate what you dont know. And must think I am incompitent. Im tired of haters. All folks do is put others down when they drive a car that is never worked on.

Well fools my car is worked on every day, I AM FAR FROM STOCK

I feel you haters will be the ones to be proven wrong.

Brag, man that really P's me off. I have no bragging rights however I assure you Eye of Ra will be in the Fastest 10. Remains to be seen yet, however my mods surpass many. She will be in the top 10 and then hate yourself.

I have many friends here, but feel we have many who are foolish. Why put me down, and try to discredit me!

You will soon be discrediting yourself for insulting me and putting me down.

Soon my post will be DYNO reports and other data and then you can cry yourself to sleep and maybe not doubt others.

Comment

Well if anyone is tired of this circus thread. I suggest we all just let this thread die. Then if he does have some information that's not hear say we will be able to respond.

Comment

No way, this is pretty funny now! First he says that none of us are dicks and that he all respects us... then a few posts later, goes on to tell us that we're all haters. Wow, that's all I can say!

Good luck with your project Joe.
                                * Retired Festiva-er*
                                1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                                B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X