Dickmeyer Automotive's Mazda B3 Performance Valve Train Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    ^Beautiful. If only you had happened in the Festivas' youth, their status might have been quite different today. Nice work as always.
    That isn't necessarily so.. it's our job to do that...PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE!!

As people see these beasties fly down a quarter mile, hitting 9's (in an ideal world), the scene might do a 180 as people start to see the potential from what these beasties hold from within.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
      That isn't necessarily so.. it's our job to do that...PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE!!

As people see these beasties fly down a quarter mile, hitting 9's (in an ideal world), the scene might do a 180 as people start to see the potential from what these beasties hold from within.
      Production has ended long ago. Back when they could have been looked at by the young car buyer as a modifiable "tuner" car, it just never happened. That's all I meant.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
        Production has ended long ago. Back when they could have been looked at by the young car buyer as a modifiable "tuner" car, it just never happened. That's all I meant.
        I think we're lucky they didn't. Otherwise, finding a solid, unmolested Festy now would be as hard as finding a decent CRX, Neon or Fox body Mustang. Part of the reason they still exist is due to their almost exclusive appeal to the more mature crowd.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

• Arty...please...no more postings about your loins. Major TMI.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
            I'm not sure what we're talking about in terms of speed here, but I'm pretty sure it's faster than I would care to go in a car with the wheelbase of a large garden tractor. You either have some big "kahunas" or you've spent to much time on your knees behind the car, letting the exhaust gas pulses hit you in the face! Or both. Either way, I can't wait to see the results!

Do you catch a hard time from the other engine builders about playing with Festivas?
            If there's a World's Fastest Bar Stool, shouldn't there be The World's Fastest Festiva?
            PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

• Good point! I've never met a bar stool I was afraid of (the wife will confirm that) .....but I've never sat on a turbocharged bar stool built by DAE.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                http://

Alot of you guys have been asking about my "Weld-It-Yourself" header kit & flanges by themselves. This is what you get. Everything you need to do-it-yourself.

sooo. how does one order this bit of awesome? and how much more is the ready to install header? i saw fb said the diy is 150 but didnt see the price for the bolt-on
                Originally posted by scirocco*joe
                Project Car Theorem:
                If
                a) w = all time
                b) x = time spent at work
                c) y = the number of project cars you have
                d) z = amount of time you can spend each project car

Then

z = (w - x) / y

Comment

• IIRC he said the finished unit would be $300.... you add a flex pipe and flange to the cat.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    IIRC he said the finished unit would be $300.... you add a flex pipe and flange to the cat.
                    What is this cat thing you speak of?... .

Comment

• Re: Dickmeyer Automotive's Mazda B3 Performance Valve Train Kit

Yeah what cat?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Haha. Nice.

Comment

• That is some nice work. When Matt finishes with my camshaft for my B6 (B3 roller setup) and my fuel pressure regulator my next step will be his header.

cortezit

Comment

• Sounds like your starting off strong.

Comment

• I had completley rebuilt the B6 about 2 years ago. I had it punched ,020 over with a new piston set, resized the rods, clevite bearings, felpro gaskets and all of the other quality stuff. I have done my own port work for 30 years so I worked the head, gasket matched the B3 intake to the head and had a shorty header custom made for it. I have been running the B3 roller setup on the head since I rebuilt it. For all intent and purpose's it looks like a bone stock B3, to the causal observer, except for the header. It is time to move to the next level. I live in an area of the country where there are a lot youner people who like to drive the "coffee can muffler" ricers. Thought I would give them a little surprise. I guess that no matter how old we get there are some memories of days gone by that we refuse to let go of.
                              cortezit

Comment

• Sounds like a great combo! I will be watching for the results, so be sure to post it up! I'm wanting to swap out my FMS cam for basically the same thing Matts doing for you....a custom roller grind for my B6 that will be a "drop in" without having to modify the head or valves.

Why did you use the B3 intake? Is your car carbureted?
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X