X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
    is there any factory or race suspension design that automatically toes one side out and the other side in depending on which direction the car is being turned? would this give more ultimate control than both sides toed in?
    The festiva does this without complicated contol systems. Think about what happens to a trailing beam during articulation. The outside toes in and the inside toes out. The more negative camber you have, the more this happens. Do you think it's a fluke that these things out handle supercars with ease? Our little cars are amazingly well designed, but they detuned them. The trailing beam is the best design I've ever worked with.
    With my 5 degree spacers the toe change is almost 1:1. So basically 1 inch of suspension articulation causes 1" of toe variation between sides. I'm excited to dial this in and see what it does on the track. There is a good reason why I've spent so much time with this chassis when I have a garage full of supercars to play with whenever I want. The Festiva chassis is no joke.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-15-2016, 10:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skeeters_keeper
    replied
    is there any factory or race suspension design that automatically toes one side out and the other side in depending on which direction the car is being turned? would this give more ultimate control than both sides toed in?
    The festiva already has this in the front! It's called a steering rack... :grin: ... sorry, couldn't resist.

Other cars have 4 wheel steering, quite a list of them actually. Some RX7s are a common one. Here's a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...wheel_steering

Now, wether it's really beneficial or not is another issue.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Not for the festiva! and i think the 3000gt cars had something like that. I think they called it 4 wheel steer. But they canceled it!

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
    Yea, I'm working on it. Right now my 4 axis machine is setup for making titanium pieces for superconducting cyclotron coils... I thought I would have been able to make a few sets by now (I need 2-3 sets immediately myself!) but I've just been too swamped.

Plan is to make them for ~ -3° for now. I know I won't make much money on them, but since I need some I figure I'll make a fixture and supply a few sets to others (through the festiva store).
    you could send me a sent!

Leave a comment:

• skeeters_keeper
    replied
    Yea, I'm working on it. Right now my 4 axis machine is setup for making titanium pieces for superconducting cyclotron coils... I thought I would have been able to make a few sets by now (I need 2-3 sets immediately myself!) but I've just been too swamped.

Plan is to make them for ~ -3° for now. I know I won't make much money on them, but since I need some I figure I'll make a fixture and supply a few sets to others (through the festiva store).

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Thats just cool!

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Yeah, I made those 3 years ago when I was tuning Tweak. You need different ones for different ride heights. If I were to tool up to make them now I'd have 500 bucks a set into them. I'm swamped with orders for Apache helicopter parts. That pays a little more than car parts.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    I see you had some in your past photos were they not yours?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    wanna make me some rear camber plates?
    I can't even afford to make them for myself. Lol. I'm first in line to buy a set from whoever makes them. I think Nate is considering making them for the Festiva store.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Run -3 all the time. As long as your toe is zeroed, you won't notice tire wear problems and you'll get much better ride stability and wet weather traction in the rear. It also helps with fuel mileage. I've been running lots of negative camber on these cars for years now and have yet to see a problem with it. I'm at around -4 degrees now!
    wanna make me some rear camber plates?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Run -3 all the time. As long as your toe is zeroed, you won't notice tire wear problems and you'll get much better ride stability and wet weather traction in the rear. It also helps with fuel mileage. I've been running lots of negative camber on these cars for years now and have yet to see a problem with it. I'm at around -4 degrees now!
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    I bought 4 of these! I'm looking for -3 on the rear on race days

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by alpaccino View Post
    Great right up, question how to achieve negative camber at the rear. I know advance had made a plate, was wondering if any one had tried that mod. Can alignment shims any good for this?

Sent from my 6043A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    gotta use washers under the spindle.
    Recently bought alignment shims for the rear, code 75200....

We were fixing a problem of 1 inch of toe in, and changed the camber by zero. Very easy to use. I like them better than using a washer just because there is full contact.

Leave a comment:

• errjam
    replied
    how about ride height how much does that change any before vs after, camber still set to zero? or is it egative

Leave a comment:

Working...
X