X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by errjam View Post
    when is the kit coming??
    I made a last minute change to the rear spring hat design. I had to test the design and have some pieces waterjet cut. I'm waiting for the parts from my waterjet shop. The shocks will be shipped to the festiva store as soon as I get them finished.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      And way too long. If you take 3" out of the stock shocks the car handles much better.
      im thinking about raising my strut tower mounts in the back. that way the strut rods sit up into the car 2 more inches, thats almost like cutting them shorter. would the spring want to stay in the factory location and the rod 2 inches further into the car, or do they need to follow each other.

Comment

The whole tower or just the rod mount? If just the rod mount, you'll only eliminate 2" of droop, but maintain the factory ride hight.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The reason I've settled with the 120lb 12" front springs (or 150lb for DOHC G series cars) is because the adjustment range is perfect for the VW coilovers and the spring rate rise matches the shock valving of those shocks well on a Festiva. We need to remember that a 120lb spring is only a 120lb spring when compressed 1 inch. At rest it's closer to a 100lb spring, and when compressed 6" is closer to a 200lb spring. You adjust your spring rate with preload, not by just putting a stiffer spring on the car. The reason I suggest the 150lb springs on G series equipped cars is because the engine is further forward and there is more weight on the front wheels. The 150lb springs have a faster rate rise which matches the extra load of the heavier driveline which is moved forward. Both the 120lb springs and the 150lb springs can be adjusted to 175lbs, if you need that, with the preload adjusters.
          What about 150 pound springs on all four corners if you expect to have a heavier payload most of the time? Whether tools and speakers in the back, or towing with a lot of tongue weight? Would it handle OK empty?
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

It will, but your ride height will be higher. The spring rate has less effective on the stiffness of the ride, and more effective on ride height. If you want close to stock ride height and plan on carrying a heavy load than the 150lb springs should work fine for you.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-25-2016, 12:25 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It will, but your ride height will be higher. The spring rate has less effective on the stiffness of the ride, and more effective on ride height. If you want close to stock ride height and plan on carrying a heavy load than the 150lb springs should work fine for you.

So the only loss I would have would be a slightly higher center of gravity? It should improve my handling and ability to carry heavy payloads then. I think I may have just decided on my setup, FINALLY! Just go zero toe, this setup with 150# springs, and 3 degrees of neg camber all the way around?
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Play with it and see what you like. That setup should work well.

Comment

Looking through the parts list for the rears in post one it says you need two Bilstein coil over sleeve kits. Later in the pricing list you put the price for a single coil over sleeve kit. Does the one sleeve kit ($32.99) come with the parts to convert two struts or are two kits ($32.99 x2) required?
                  1992 White Festiva GL Sport AKA Project "Spud Missle"

Comment

need 2 kits
                    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

One more Festiva with drastically better handling and ride quality.

I helped Brianliska build a set of coilovers for his car "Hippiestiva"

This car is bone stock except the 14" wheels aftermarket cd player, seat covers and window tint. It was fun to put this suspension on a car with no other mods and feel how much better it drives. It never ceases to amaze me how much of a difference a quality suspension package can make on a Festiva.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-18-2016, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Beautiful car!
                        Love yellow festivas

Comment

nice
                          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                          1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                          19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

CD player but the car has no speakers! What a rip off

Comment

Just put in a CD that you know all the words to and sing.

Comment

I'll add to this. I too am going "full Charlie" on my festy. The rear has been done for a few weeks and just machined the front struts today.
                                rear:
                                20160507_113912_resized.jpg

Front:
                                20160619_141232_resized.jpg
                                Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X