No announcement yet.

Festiva progression thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice !!! I really like it. Are you going to put a tailfinisher on this hatch ?

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxtiva View Post
      Nice !!! I really like it. Are you going to put a tailfinisher on this hatch ?
      I plan on eventually shaving the hatch so I can use the spot on the bumper for the license plate
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• how about SVTC skirts cut down and remolded? I think it might look pretty good, plus you'd be able to retain relatively accessible jack points.

-Caleb
        Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
        So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
          how about SVTC skirts cut down and remolded? I think it might look pretty good, plus you'd be able to retain relatively accessible jack points.

Nice! I like those
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• I thought you might.
            -Caleb
            So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

• What do you plan to do about opening the hatch after you fill in the space?
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                What do you plan to do about opening the hatch after you fill in the space?
                Not really sure yet. I'm looking for a way to hook up a normal trunk/hatch release lever

Comment

• 323/Protege scavenging? I read over on clubprotege that the protege release fit's perfectly into the 323s. maybe adapt that somehow?
                  -Caleb

Comment

• Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
                    323/Protege scavenging? I read over on clubprotege that the protege release fit's perfectly into the 323s. maybe adapt that somehow?
                    I'll definitely look into it!

Comment

• The guy who did it used the gas door pop too and said that all he had to do for the BG 323 was clip them in place and make a small custom bracket to mount the actual release for the hatch.
                      -Caleb

Comment

• I believe the 323 had them too....might be the Tracer I am thinking of....but I believe our car has the spot to mount the levers and they connect right up. Maybe it is Stefan that has done it...but someone has.
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• my parts car has the older cavelier Z24 side skirts on it, and it doesn't look too bad

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                            I believe the 323 had them too....might be the Tracer I am thinking of....but I believe our car has the spot to mount the levers and they connect right up. Maybe it is Stefan that has done it...but someone has.
                            I do believe that some of the upper model 323s had pop hatch/fuel door, but the protege parts would probably be easier to source, depending on what your areas junkyards contain more of.

I've heard of the Festiva swap before, which is why I mentioned it. Possibly run a quick search; you'll probably pull something useful up.
                            -Caleb

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                              my parts car has the older cavelier Z24 side skirts on it, and it doesn't look too bad
                              got pics? I think they might be a little to sharp edged for the look on Lane's car. I could be dastardly wrong though.
                              -Caleb

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                                my parts car has the older cavelier Z24 side skirts on it, and it doesn't look too bad
                                Yeah, I'm looking for the newer z24 skirts. I saw some fiberglass skirts at the yard the other day that I should have looked into more. I think I'll go back in the morning to check them out

Comment

Working...
                                X