No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooo looking forward to seeing this. Will this be the start of some even more drastic suspension mods?

Comment

• Originally posted by thered56 View Post
      Will this be the start of some even more drastic suspension mods?
      Quite possible, but that's not for a loooong time from now

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Back in the dark ages an enterprising neighbour/friend of mine horned a small block MOPAR V8 into a mid-60s TR4. Engine and transmission went in tight but OK but every time he lit it up something else would twist or let go from the body. Ultimately he wound up grafting the Triumph shell on to an Econoline frame just to keep the car/driveshaft/axle/steering together and then he gradually lost interest because he discovered it drove like a truck.

Comment

• Speaking of TR4's, a local lawyer has bought 2 TR6's and brought them both to a shop that my buddy works at, one is almost done being restored to factory condition, once it is completed, the second one will be restored to look identical but be powered by a brand new 5.0 lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            Speaking of TR4's, a local lawyer has bought 2 TR6's and brought them both to a shop that my buddy works at, one is almost done being restored to factory condition, once it is completed, the second one will be restored to look identical but be powered by a brand new 5.0 lol
            A current neighbour 1/2 block over is a successful businessman but with a serious weakness for British cars. He's been fair-weather driving a professionally modified TR250 with a carefully-tuned 302 Ford engine in it for the past 25-30 years. He's offered to tour me through the thing and take it around the block but so far I've not taken him up on the offer. It certainly does catch your eye with the clean lines, flared wheel wells and gorgeous British racing green paint. I don't think he 'hot foots' it.
            Buick made an aluminum block 215 cu in V8 in the early 60s. GM couldn't reliably make a go of these wonderfully light engines (casting problems) and sold the rights to British Motor Corp. Rovers, MGB GT V8s, TR8s and even some Range Rovers had these novel engines in them and I would think if your lawyer friend could track one down he too could have his cake and eat it. Bolts up to any GM transmission I suspect. I remember looking at a brand new one in the early 70s and seeing 4 SU carbs on what otherwise looked like a Chevy small block.

Comment

Very close, but not quite that simple

I plan to run 2 lengths down the length of the car beside the stock frame rails, they will tie into a complete subframe that will surround the bottom side of the engine bay with multiple attachment points to the frame/rad support/firewall etc. and also i want to add extensions that'll go behind the bumper so i can a tube straight up from the subframe (so they'll come in the engine bay behind the headlights) and tie them into the strut towers

The idea is to strengthen the entire front of the car because if i plan to shove that 540whp setup into my festiva, the chassis NEEDS to be stronger in order to handle that kind of power

Also planning on 500 with the shogun , im currently bracing everything - I continued my rear cage into a full cage , Also welded a tube brace between the 2 lower LCA boxes.

Better safe then sorry.

Comment

• I got sick of waiting on delivery of that probe, so in the meantime I made a deal for this

Vortech FMU...... hopefully it'll be fully up and driving within a week or two
                Last edited by Damkid; 08-06-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• what kind of standalone you going with?
                  Last edited by tls_zx3; 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM.
                  97 Montego Blue Miata
                  03 GSXR 1000: power commander, full exhaust, k&n, tre
                  04 Subaru WRX STi: accessport stg2, 3" turbo back, perrin intake
                  SOLD: Turbo ls1 Focus, BP Festiva

Comment

I got sick of waiting on delivery of that probe, so in the meantime I made a deal for this

Vortech FMU...... hopefully it'll be fully up and driving within a week or two
                    Does this mean you'll be at the meet on the 1st?

Comment

• ^^im not sure yet, we shall see

Originally posted by tls_zx3 View Post
                      what kind of standalone you going with?
                      well if I ever get my hands on the probe, I'll be using the electromotive standalone from it, if the guy makes me wait tooo long I'll just start saving for a plug n play MS3X

Comment

• ^^ I hope so. I really want to see this beast.

Comment

• Got the fuel lines all ran, intake back on, wiring reconnected etc. and fired it up, now just waiting on the coupler and WG actuator to arrive and after maybe an hours work, i should be able to go for a real test drive

Fits quite nicely in there

I also started making progress with my reinforcing steel, from underneath there's a slope in the floor where the rear passengers feet go, so i'm making some bends in the 1"x2" to match the floor, so far i only have the first bend made since i have to take it to work to do it, so tomorrow i'll be making the second bend now that it's marked out where to make the bend lol
                          Last edited by Damkid; 08-07-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• heck yeah!! can't wait
                            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• why dont you build your own ms. its not to bad. just take your time and pay attention to what your doing
                              97 Montego Blue Miata
                              03 GSXR 1000: power commander, full exhaust, k&n, tre
                              04 Subaru WRX STi: accessport stg2, 3" turbo back, perrin intake
                              SOLD: Turbo ls1 Focus, BP Festiva

Comment

• Originally posted by tls_zx3 View Post
                                why dont you build your own ms. its not to bad. just take your time and pay attention to what your doing
                                Flip back through this thread, I did buy a DIY MS2 and it confused the hell out of me to the point where I lost motivation to work on it, so it was an expensive way to learn that circuit boards are my weakness, probably just from lack of experience though

I may try again in the future but if I get that electromotive setup, I may not need to lol

Comment

Working...
                                X