No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I bought this turbo second hand for $50, so if the oil seals are shot I would not be surprised.... I believe the last guy to use this turbo pushed it pretty hard

I've been talking with a buddy of mine, he knows a very good turbo builder, long story short I could get my turbo rebuilt and a better cold side put on for under $200.... Of course there's a bunch of bartering in the mix too lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• If the turbo isn't the cause of the oil consumption then that's 200 you could spend elsewhere. Turbochargers can take a thrashing, if the shaft play feels good, I'd look elsewhere for the problem. I've spent thousands of hours behind an engine dyno testing a good portion of Garrett/ air research/ allied signal turbo chargers. They get rebuilt for no reason more often than not. If you just want an excuse to swap compressors then that's a different story, lol but get a restrictor either way or you are going to consume oil with that unit.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I hear ya and totally understand your words of wisdom Charlie..... The better cold side I'll be getting, I'll want to swap out anyways, so I'd be taking it to this turbo builder to get balanced.... The builder doesn't like to cut corners and believes in doing a proper job and I fully trust my buddy that recommending him

So its a mix to get a cheap rebuild plus a cheap excuse to get the hybrid done, so I will certainly look into the restricters you're talking about as well

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Cool, I'm getting very anxious to see and hear this thing in person. You going with a p trim t-oh!4 compressor?

Your car is the perfect candidate for water meth by the way. It's an engine saver, and it's much easier to install than an intercooler, but stay away from windshield washer fluid, it fouls plugs and doesn't work well. I can hook you up with my top secret bathtub meth mix, it cures what ales ya! :p
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Well later tonight I may go pick up some gas to put in the festiva (probably about to run out) and then I can go for another rip but I'll take a video while I'm at it

As for the cold side, my buddy told me what it was but I forget exactly what he said, but you could be right

As for water/meth, I've certainly considered it, but I do still plan to add an intercooler either way, eventually lol

Comment

• Up and fully running on stock ECU with a vortech FMU

Next video will be a driving video
              Last edited by Damkid; 08-11-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• *Drool*

Comment

• DK, that engine sounds great. I'm eager to see you and your car again this year. Maybe for $5 you'd let me ride in it?
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Lol thanks, but no need to pay me for a ride, I'll give a ride in my car for the hell of it

Comment

• I figure with the line of riders to your car, you'd appreciate the gas money!
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Free to drive it as well?
                        :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

• I did let a few drive it at FM5....

Comment

• 1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped

Comment

• not enough teaser! gotta have more!!
                              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Gotta wait for more daylight, I didn't get time til it was almost dark, as you can see in the video lol

Comment

Working...
                                X