No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So today I clocked the center section of the turbo so the drain faced straight down instead of the 45 degree angle it was on (newb mistake on my part) and I let the PCV vent to the atmoshpere and went for a drive... No more clouds of smoke after running under boost!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

So I went for a celebration drive, it still sputters under boost at 4k+ rpm, I don't have a wideband hooked up yet but I'm assuming it's running lean, I have bigger injectors that just need to be installed

But while i was out i noticed a trail of oil that followed my car when i parked it, my rear main seal has gotten much much worse, this was after 20 seconds of idling

So I decided i cant hold off on changing the rear main seal any longer, so i cleaned the garage tonight and now have my parts ready to be installed tomorrow

We have millenia S injectors (50cc larger then stock KL ones) installed in polished fuel rails, should hopefully solve the sputtering issue under boost

Timing belt pulleys, the current ones are squeaky and annoying as hell from sitting for the passed year

And the much much needed rear main seal

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• If it sputters cause its lean , I strongly suggest not to go there unless you have a wideband , or you are gonna get a melted piston....

Turbo + lean = no-no.

Nice to see you are fixing it up. You might wanna re-check your crankcase venting systems , positive crankcase pressure will blow your seals off.

Comment

• ^Yeah, I'm pretty sure the one last diagnosis test run killed my lean running turbo engine. I'll never diagnose a lean turbo that way again.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
          If it sputters cause its lean , I strongly suggest not to go there unless you have a wideband , or you are gonna get a melted piston....

Turbo + lean = no-no.

Nice to see you are fixing it up. You might wanna re-check your crankcase venting systems , positive crankcase pressure will blow your seals off.

I have been baby-ing this thing because I don't wanna risk running lean, but because of the smoking issues I barely go into boost anyway, so it's been my fail safe lately

And for my crank case venting, re-read my post, I have the PCV line venting to atmoshpere to save anymore seals from blowing out

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Start timer

Comment

• Ok you should be done by now.

hehe kidding.

Comment

• End timer 1 hour 45mins W00T W00T!!!! That just means i've done this too many times, ugh FML

Comment

• is it back in yet?
                  Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Yup fired it back up about half hour ago, found out the oil pan was leaking as well so just picked up some silicone and now to pull the pan off and re-seal it then hopefully it's ready to go.... Finally

Comment

• lol, I was merely kidding.. but that's awesome. way to go!!
                      Walth

Comment

• Now that's fast!
                        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• :lol: well I gotta drive it to work tomorrow so I had to be quick about it

With the bigger injectors it has a rough idle as if it has a healthy camshaft in it lol once I get the pan re-sealed I'll get a video
                          Last edited by Damkid; 09-30-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Well I had a few added issues to work out but I've officially gone for a test drive clutch is holding well, it's holding all fluids, not leaving clouds of smoke, it's seeming like all issues are worked out, besides needing to gap the plugs, I'm happier with it for sure

Comment

• that's AWSM you can remove, fix and install in one day..
                              Walth

Comment

• Lol ya and people think its harder then a B6T to work on haha

Comment

Working...
                                X