No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive had issues with the idle on my old SHO when I swapped the 24lbs for ford racing red tops 30lbs.

Changing those componants without any tuners /chips can be frustrating sometimes.

Do you have anything to control them?

Comment

• Not yet, right now I've got the stock ECU and an FMU, the idle is actually better then I thought, at least I can rely on it now

I went for a drive into town for a bite to eat and it was a successful test drive next I need gauges badly so I can tell what's going on instead of guessing

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Wharz video?
        1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
        1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
        2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

• Didn't get to the video, I got distracted needing to adjust the clutch, maybe I'll get a video tomorrow after work

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• PM your local admin for arena access and read this....

It's time to hit the track before they close for the season buwahahahaha!!!!!

Comment

• Can't wait to see the track vid! Don't blow up the trans
              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Lol I shouldn't since I got the Mfactory in it, this weekend won't work but I'm gunna shoot for next weekend to hit the track

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Lol I shouldn't since I got the Mfactory in it, this weekend won't work but I'm gunna shoot for next weekend to hit the track
                  At least you have a track to go to. Calgary's track shut down for the last time at the end if last season

Sent from somewhere west of here!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Well big congrats! Look forward to that vid. A dyno would be nice too...heheh

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                      At least you have a track to go to. Calgary's track shut down for the last time at the end if last season

Sent from somewhere west of here!

We do have a new track in the works though, it's going to be east of Airdrie off Veterans Blvd.

Comment

• Time for boost.... V6+T build

So here we have a stock unmodified KL T-stat housing

Pull the steel tube from the aluminum

Plane off the top to get a nice flat surface to weld to

Take some 1-1/2" aluminum

And here's the finished product

Test fitment on my spare engine

Lots of clearance with the dist now... The old setup left the rad hose up against the dist leaving no room for adjustment, which was the reason for this modification

Comment

• awesome.
                          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Lately i've been getting questions about where the diff swap thread and my original build thread, so i've merged all of the previous threads together so all the previous and current progress is all in one thread

I haven't done many updates in a while simply because i was getting pissed off with the car, after i had it running perfect i took a friend for a ride and accidently over revved it to 8k rpm and blew a headgasket, soon after the water pump went and if i hit boost at all, then it would push all the water out of the system in a hurry

So i was beyond sick of the constant problems with the car where i lost motivation to work on it, so it has sat parked and un-touched in my garage for about 2 months

a local friend of mine actually had a brand new set of head gaskets that he just gave me, so i ordered some new head bolts and they should arrive this week sometime, and my buddy is gunna come down and help me swap the headgaskets..... having a buddy help me will make me actually want to work on the car :lol:

Comment

• ... excellent.
                              1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                              1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                              2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

• Re: My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Beer, pizza, Mazdas... Prerfectrifecta.
                                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X